Author Topic: SubMenu Items  (Read 3444 times)

Offline CarloG

• View Profile
SubMenu Items
« on: May 02, 2016, 05:57:31 AM »
Hi there at AbanteCart.
I worked for years on other carts, and I found you some days ago, so started my first project with this.
Actually I have a question which is still unanswered on this forum.

I need the HOME button to be only 'Home', and not with the single, unfilled, drop-down box which is present ( screenshot1)
Moreover, I tried to insert some new links as sub.menu items, but I cannot see them in the frontpage.

After trying and trying, I deleted ALL the items in the Design-Menu.

So that I have NO MENU ITEMS ( Screenshot2 ), but still the HOME item and that white block is visible.

I am a developer/coder, so no problem in coding. Can someone help me to find out how I can work this out ?

Thank you.

Carlo

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: SubMenu Items
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
Hi there at AbanteCart.
I need the HOME button to be only 'Home', and not with the single, unfilled, drop-down box which is present ( screenshot1)

I am a developer/coder, so no problem in coding. Can someone help me to find out how I can work this out ?

Hello Carlo,

The menu that you look at is part of category menu that is located in the header bottom portion. You can tell this by looking in the layout and details for the block.

You can check the following files that will help you trace the menu construct. 

Storefront template:
/storefront/view/default/template/blocks/category_top.tpl

Look at:
Code: [Select]
    <li><a class="active menu_home" href="<?php echo $home_href?>"><?php echo $text_home?></a>

<div>
    <ul id="main_menu" class="nav">

You can remove <ul> portion and no drop down will be visible.

Controller:
/storefront/controller/blocks/category.php

NOTE: You can use template debug to get details of templates and blocks loaded on the pages:
To see where these templates/blocks are shown in action, enable template debug in admin and click storefront link
http://docs.abantecart.com/img/developer/abantecart-template-debug.png

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help