Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Migration from Zen Cart no passwords, user names  (Read 3445 times)

Offline daspi

• View Profile
Migration from Zen Cart no passwords, user names
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
The migration tool from 1.2.7 worked great. Now looking at the imported data I've noticed that customers were imported but a generic login name has been generated, like gen_d9c53c1a398dba5ec99e630e6c3e1753. The password was not imported ether and is showing blank in the dashboard customer info. Can this info be imported correctly? BTW, zen cart used the email address as the login name.   

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Migration from Zen Cart no passwords, user names
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »
AbanteCart allows email address as login by setting. Please check admin->settings->checkout "Require login name" switch. To use email as login you should to set it to OFF.
Otherwise unique login name will be generated automatically during migration.
Regarding passwords. Most of carts have unilateral encryption (only encrypt, but not decrypt) and  different approach for it.
so at this point to import passwords is not possible.
If you know the correct way to decrypt, please let us know.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline daspi

• View Profile
Re: Migration from Zen Cart no passwords, user names
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »
OK, changed settings but the migration was already done. So I think I have to roll back and do it again. No problem, just evaluating at the moment. As to the decryption, I'll try and find out if it is possible.