Author Topic: Use SEO URL's  (Read 4507 times)

Offline daspi

• View Profile
Use SEO URL's
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
I switched on Use SEO URL's and .htaccess is correct.

Cleared all cache as well. Some products show now SEO friendly url' but others still show the product/product&path=43_45&product_id=95 kind. How do I get them all to display SEO url's without editing every single product? I want it to just use suggested url from title.

Offline daspi

• View Profile
Re: Use SEO URL's
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »
So I found more posts regarding this in SEO section. Sorry this might be in the wrong place. Feel free to move it.

I did edit the category and press the SEO Keyword generate button. Yes this makes it work. But I have lot's of products that I want to migrate over and do not really want to edit every single product for this. Is there a way to automate this?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
But I have lot's of products that I want to migrate over and do not really want to edit every single product for this. Is there a way to automate this?
You can try one of the following:
- Add SEO keyword generation to your migration script.
or
- After migrate products, use export of products and build import CSV with Url_aliases using products IDs from export
or
- after migrating products do SQL select of product IDs and build SQL insert with formatted SEO keywords into ac_url_aliases table in the database.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:52:00 AM »
Hello.

There is 3rd party solution at Marketplace https://marketplace.abantecart.com/seo_generator

Offline daspi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »
OK, I'll look into that.