Author Topic: problem new language definition  (Read 4571 times)

Offline museumdw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
problem new language definition
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:29 AM »
Hello, i translated the english language into Dutch language. However, after installing and activating, some elements are translated and some are not translated, but are given the 'key' name. E.g. in the screenshot: Totaal Bestellingen is correct translated, but text_content has been given the key name tekst_content. Does anyone sounds this familiar ? Thanks in advance. The settings are in the file home.xml i attached.

Offline Basara

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4394
  • Karma: +205/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
Hello.

Make sure your have this keys in your language pack .xml files
Also do not forget to clear AbanteCart cache
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

Offline museumdw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:16:22 AM »
thanks, yes these keys are in the xml files. And emptying the cache gives no solution

Offline abolabo

  • core-developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1782
  • Karma: +247/-11
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:03:39 AM »
hello.
look missed text in block common_header. (file common/header.xml)
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline museumdw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 04:07:41 AM »
i focused now on tekst_review. In Dutch this is translated with 'Reviews' in the >Common>Header.xml file. See the file attached

Offline museumdw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 05:25:08 AM »
I finally found the cause of the problem. While translating to Dutch, i used the characters ë and ï . And in the xml file this causes problems. I encountered it, when loading the files in xmlspy, and the the message appears that there were errors in the file. Thanks for te responses.

Offline Basara

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4394
  • Karma: +205/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem new language definition
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:17 AM »
Make sure your xml editor support correctly this characters and the document is UTF-8 too
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

 

Powered by SMFPacks Social Login Mod