Author Topic: Weight based shipping issues  (Read 4731 times)

Offline moosehound

• View Profile
Weight based shipping issues
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
Hi,

I amended some of the initial test products that come with Abantecart.  I want to be able to offer products in several different weights (25g, 50g, 100g) so I changed the Weight Global Attribute.  I had two options at this time 60g and 125g.  I added it to some products, and when selecting the relevant radio button (60g/125g) the weight in the cart would alter as expected and as such the weight based shipping would update to the correct amounts.  I've since changed the Global Attribute to 50g/100g and removed/re-added them on the Options tab for the products.

Now since doing this it no longer seems to modify the weight of the actual cart when I select the options from the drop down.  The only one I still have that works is an amended "Ruby Shoo Womens Jada T-Bar" from the install test date.  That said that says 60g/125g still and has radio buttons instead of the updated 50g/100g and drop down menu from the updated Global Attribute.  I just know if I go and remove/update the global attribute on the Options tab for that product it too will stop working....

So what's gone wrong?  Am I expecting it to do something it can't?  It WAS working just fine until I wanted to alter that Global Attribute from 60/125 to 50/100 now it appears to just not work...  This is one in a long line of issues that's really beginning to bring me down :(

site: www.tranquili-tea.com

Working product:  www.tranquili-tea.co.uk/tea/ruby-shoo-womens-jada-t-bar
Not working?  Any of the others including the direct copy I took of the working product :(

Long story/post short:  I need to be able to choose 3 different weight sizes on each product and have that weight reflected in the total basket weight... is that possible?  Did I dream that I had that working?

Thanks anyone for the help :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:36:47 PM by moosehound »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weight based shipping issues
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:49:18 AM »
Hello.

Recheck settings/values in Attributes added to your products, make sure you have not typos or empty space at the end.
Also please clear AbanteCart cache and check if this work for you.

Offline moosehound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:46:20 AM »
Nope - still doesn't work :(

I'm going to have to make a product for every weight at this rate which'll mean 3 types of the same product just at the three different weights... which isn't elegant :(

Offline moosehound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »
Is there a way to add "Weight Modifier" to this part of the Product Options?  That would solve my problem easily....  Then I could just add the additional weight there which in turn should mean it weighs the correct amount in the cart - or perhaps add a way to explicitly set the weight of each option?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 03:27:27 PM »
If you click on the blue double arrow on the right it will open up your options for more fields

that should do the trick for you on this

Offline moosehound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »
HAH!  I feel such a fool :)  Totally forgot to set those when re-doing things so that explains why the new weights didn't work! :D

Thanks kindly for the help.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:12:40 PM by moosehound »