Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Set product listing sort order  (Read 5052 times)

Offline daspi

• View Profile
Set product listing sort order
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:05 AM »
How can I manually sort my category's product listings and make it default for display in the store front? I need to be able to present my products in a logical manner and it has nothing to do with ether Newest or A-Z.

I want to be able to have products displayed in a specific order. Can I set this in the admin? I see each product has a sort order field, but that requires editing each product, one at a time. Will this overwrite the sort order switch on the store front? Currently it always defaults to Date Old>New.

The categories listing has a sort order column. It would be great to have that on the product listing as well.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Set product listing sort order
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »
Hello.

Check Sort Products as default by setting in Admin > System > Settings > General

Offline daspi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 12:37:17 PM »
So this would be: Product's Sort Order Low > High

Cool, works.

Now how can I efficiently put sorting numbers in each product for a certain category? All I see is set a filter for the cat then edit one product, save then go back and set filter again (filter got lost after going back) edit the next product..... very inefficient. Is there a better way available?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:28:02 AM »
Hello.

For bulk products edit you can export your product to CSV file and quick edit sort order in Excel like software
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/export.html

Offline daspi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
I was thinking of trying that but it seems to be something that should be available to do in the admin. Maybe a future feature for next release? Would be great. Export import of product should do the trick for now.

One more question. If Product's Sort Order Low > High is set, it will sort by the assigned product number, but what happens to the products that have sort order 0? How are they getting sorted now?