Author Topic: Local delivery option based on product  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Coopster

• View Profile
Local delivery option based on product
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:34:07 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking to offer local delivery but only for specific products, is this possible?

My site currently sells chocolates that are able to be sent via the postal service throughout the UK. I would like to start selling my cakes on the site too but due to keeping the product as fresh as possible I would only be able to offer the products for local delivery to addresses based in my county.

Any suggestions on how I could set this up would be greatly appreciated.

yonghan

Re: Local delivery option based on product
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »
Hi, welcome aboard. You can set the fixed shipping price for each products via the product page as described here: http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/catalog/products/edit.html

All you need is to turn on the Ship Product Individually and set the fixed shipping price. Hope it helps. :)

Offline Coopster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:57:55 PM »
Hi Handoyo,

Thank you so much for the welcome and for the advice on how to go about setting up product specific delivery price.

Do you happen to know if I can restrict delivery of specific products to certain location zones? Maybe something like a postcode checker on the product description page that would tell customers if the product can be dropped off at their address or not. There may already be an extension out there that could perform this check, I'll have a check in the extension marketplace.

Thanks  :)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »
Hello.

You can restrict your shipping methods to work only in Location your need

Offline Coopster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
Hi Basara,

Thank you so much for your response. After some trial and error, using Locations to restrict the shipping methods is exactly what I've done  :)

What would be ideal is if I could associate a shipping method to a product like you can associate different payment methods to a shipping method.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:49:01 AM by Coopster »