Author Topic: multiple stores - sub domain not populating correctly  (Read 10172 times)

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
multiple stores - sub domain not populating correctly
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »
Defaul Store is my MAIN Domain
I have a 2nd store using a SUB Domain
Both utilize the same root as per the directions from AbanteCart

For now I am focusing on my SUB Domain store.

When I ADD a Category, for the category to show up in my SUB Domain store, I have to add the CATEGORY in my MAIN DOMAIN Store.  I just want the category to show up in my SUB DOMAIN Store only.  Any help with this? 

Thank you, Joe.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: multiple stores - sub domain not populating correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 04:32:41 AM »
Hello.

Each category has Stores selector setting

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »
Thank you for your reply. 
When I click on the appropriate store... in my Category....which is exactly what you sent me (thanks again)....which is my Sub Domain Store, my category will not show up ......unless I also choose that category to also be in my Default Store.  I'm thinking I have something wrong in my file manager set up....possibly. 

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
ALSO....    So I created a new CATEGORY under my New Store only.  And did not include my Default store.   The category never shows up on my website.

HOWEVER...   If I click the default store for the New Category, the Category shows up in both my Default Store website....and my New Store Website. ... and get this.  Even if I don't pick or choose my New Store....the category still shows.   It's like I can only work in the Default Store...and it manages my NEW Store.

I defintely have something NOT SET UP CORRECTLY.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:07:32 AM »
Hello.

1. Make sure the status of New Store is ON in admin
2. Makse sure subdomain assigned to the correct directory

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »
Basara,

I did both (and thank you for looking into)  Please note that my New Store Status is indeed turned on....which I assume I'm sure it is correctly turned on ... being that the URL of the subdomain shows my abantecart preloaded with the default template.  ....and actually everything that is preloaded in the default template and default store, i.e., all the with the categories / images / etc (hair - make up - etc) that is preloaded when first setting up Abantecart.   See -  .cookingoutdoors.tomato-joes.       ALSO, my subdomain is the same root as my main domain.  public_html/ 

Another thing.  In my categories section, I see that I can manage categories for Outdoor Cooking (my subdomain), ... and also manage categories for my default(main domain).  When I look at Outdoor Cooking (my sub domain)....., I only have ONE Category listed within the category management page for Outdoor Cooking....which I made...and that is GRILLS.   But when you go to the URL....it shows only All the categories that are listed on my categories update area for my Default site.   And never once will show Grills...unless I actually choose the Default store while managing the GRILLS category, ... then and only then will it actually show in my sub domain URL.  Basically my sub domain can only look exactly my default store....and never anything different. 

Abolabo,

I did copy and paste your config.php (thank you)-- But I AM STILL having the exact same issues as above.   Basically nothing works when updating within the Sub Domain site drop downs...such as categories and products...unless I choose my default store.  However, my sub domain URL is actually working and active with all the configs that I update / change within my Default page.   

Possibly I'm just missing something ridiculously basic, but I'm thinking I'm set up exactly correct.   Thanks for your help.  I really really want to utilize Abantecart, but day two and still cannout use mulit-store.  Please help if you can. 

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
This might help as well.  when I am looking at my sub domain url....and I click on one of the categories within the site, ...my URL address reverts back to my default domain....and not my sub domain site.  Basically my sub domain url is only active on the first page and once you click through anywhere wihtin the site, it goes to the default url address.   

Thanks again,

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 03:09:44 PM »
Also, when updating Logos, it only shows when I choose my Main Domain store.  It never shows when I add it to the Sub Domain store.  Thanks again. 

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »
Abolabo,

I did copy and paste your config.php (thank you)-- But I AM STILL having the exact same issues as above.   Basically nothing works when updating within the Sub Domain site drop downs...such as categories and products...unless I choose my default store.  However, my sub domain URL is actually working and active with all the configs that I update / change within my Default page.   

Possibly I'm just missing something ridiculously basic, but I'm thinking I'm set up exactly correct.   Thanks for your help.  I really really want to utilize Abantecart, but day two and still cannout use mulit-store.  Please help if you can.

forgot to say clear cache after replacement
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »
any particular area where I clear my cache? 

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
I cleared my cache in my browswer -- when I cleared my history, but maybe more intense clearing cache somewhere else, like in my cpanel?

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »
or maybe within abantecart?

thanks again...

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 04:13:59 PM »
fyi.... i cleared all my cache within abantecart and still same issues 

odd that my sub domain only shows on main default page when i type my url but diverts back to main domain when i go anywhere within my site. 

thanks again   very appreciative.

Offline Tomato Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
oops.  I just copy and pasted and saved the config file you sent, but accidentally installed on my connect.  I think I really messed it up...and cannot even log on.  Maybe I'll reinstall tonight and start over ... again.