Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 5150 times)

Offline AG332

• View Profile
HELP PLEASE
« on: June 15, 2016, 03:32:01 PM »
I have been struggling for nearly 3 weeks I have a couple of problems I need help with (I have scanned the forum and couldn't find any solutions)
if you can help me step by step as I'm a beginner, that will be much appreciated.

my AbanteCart cart version is 1.2.6 (the blue coloured one)

1) I cant find the code to change the colour of the blue part that's on either side of the moving pictures on the home page, when opened by Firefox and firebug its on firebug and can be changed there, but when I open the script from the files I have I cant seem to find it.

2) I'm also struggling with changing all the blue parts without disturbing the images of the cart and any icons seem to disappear when I change them, how can I stop this from happening?

3) I'm also struggling to change the font colour where can the code be found for all the font on the main page?

4)I need to add intsagram icon I got the code and added it works as its links to my Instagram page, but the icons a facebook icon even thought I added the Instagram code. and its offset.

5) is it possible to add a image as the background? if so where can I add the code?

please help.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:47:10 PM by AG332 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:24:46 AM »
Hello.

Welcome to our forum. Please try to separate questions to the different topics  ;)

Anyway here is few answers:

1) I cant find the code to change the color of the blue part that's on either side of the moving pictures on the home page, when opened by Firefox and firebug its on firebug and can be changed there, but when I open the script from the files I have I cant seem to find it.

Check this file /storefront/view/default/stylesheet/onebyone.css
and this rule
Code: [Select]
.banner_container .oneByOneSlide {
    background: #00a1cb url("../image/banner_shadow.png") no-repeat scroll center top;
}

3) I'm also struggling to change the font colour where can the code be found for all the font on the main page?
Most of the styling are in the /storefront/view/default/stylesheet/style.css file

For example
Code: [Select]
.heading1 .maintext {
    color: #5e626b;
    font-family: "Crete Round",serif;
    font-size: 28px;
    padding: 0 14px 4px 0;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

5) is it possible to add a image as the background? if so where can I add the code?

yes this can be done with CSS rules too see http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,2697.msg11525.html#msg11525

Please note after you made any css changes your need to clear browser and AbanteCart cache

Offline AG332

• View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »
THANKS A TON THIS WAS HELPFUL.