Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: A very simple question about changing the NAV Bar.  (Read 3963 times)

Offline theworld123

• View Profile
A very simple question about changing the NAV Bar.
« on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:58 AM »
I have been struggling with something for days as my coding experience is limited.

I want to change the category tab (the one next to the tab where it says home) I want to change one of the categories source to a outside website. So far the only way I can change the source of the category source is iframe another website into the category page. 

A quick sample.

Home | Socks | Pants | Shirts|

When someone clicks socks the socks inventory come up and for pants the pants category. Now for shirts I want a different website all together to appear lets say google.  And the only way I been able to do so far is iframe. I want the full website to appear and as a parent and not iframe I want a full redirect.  Reason for this is because iframe takes a long time for my blogs to load so I am just going to redirect it to my wordpress website.. Unless someone knows a faster way to show my blogs. For now I will just stick to the complete redirect.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A very simple question about changing the NAV Bar.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 02:26:16 AM »
Hello.

This block is Category block so your need to change it's code to show something different but you can setup redirect to any url (for example category url) to any website via .htaccess redirects

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/apache-web-server/rewriting-urls-with-the-mod-rewrite-module