Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: show my website with abantecart and the template  (Read 12395 times)

Offline Jone

• View Profile
show my website with abantecart and the template
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:45 AM »
I have been using abantecart for my businese

Here is my b2c website canopy canada

But now templates are so few for AbanteCart cart
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:26:27 PM by Jone »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: show my website with abantecart and the template
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »
Your site looks very nice. Can you clarify the problem or your question?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Jone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:43:47 AM »
the extensions and template is so few.

TopWebNames

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »
Your site looks very nice. Can you clarify the problem or your question?

It looks to me like Jone is pointing out that there are very few Templates for AbanteCart.  I agree completely.  It would be VERY helpful if you made a pinned admin post listing all the available Templates for AbanteCart, and updated it as you find more, or as you develop more templates.  I'd be VERY happy to pay a very affordable amount for a much different looking Template.  I'm sure that MANY other AbanteCart users would also.  Having MANY VERY AFFORDABLE Templates could be a very good marketing strategy for AbanteCart, and would provide continuous sales to help you keep doing such a good job :)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
Good point. I hope developers and designers will start to create more templates. AbanteCart is getting very popular.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

Re: Additional templates
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
Good point. I hope developers and designers will start to create more templates. AbanteCart is getting very popular.

My suggestion was for AbanteCart to create more templates, both free and paid, to attract more users, AND a source of income for you. Instead of waiting for developers and designers to do this, I'd like to start creating them to sell them for a very affordable price. What do I need to learn and do to create new templates?

Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
You can check a free template2 that we have as example. This is older template and not responsive, but it will give you an idea how to create template based on extension frameworks.

This manual covers it a bit:
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Developing_Templates_as_Extensions

Check this too:
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/AbanteCart_Extension%E2%80%99s_Developer_Guide

And finally, check our extension developer tools that can create extension shell for you very quick.
https://github.com/abantecart/developer_tools_extension

You can create template based on core construct of default and default_html5 templates, but this is nor recommended if you plan to distribute your template for others.

Feel free to open new specific discussion in template section.

TopWebNames

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:53:08 AM »
You can check a free template2 that we have as example. This is older template and not responsive, but it will give you an idea how to create template based on extension frameworks.

This manual covers it a bit:
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Developing_Templates_as_Extensions

Check this too:
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/AbanteCart_Extension%E2%80%99s_Developer_Guide

And finally, check our extension developer tools that can create extension shell for you very quick.
https://github.com/abantecart/developer_tools_extension

You can create template based on core construct of default and default_html5 templates, but this is nor recommended if you plan to distribute your template for others.

Feel free to open new specific discussion in template section.

Thanks for this excellent information. I have quite a bit more reading and practice to do now :)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
I would like to see some more template choices for AbanteCart. I love the html5 template though, the colours are brilliant and the flash scroller is amazing. I have managed to change the flash scroller around  to suit my needs for my website, but yes...I would like ot see more templates available.

You can checkout my flash homepage  at bubblegum-web.com

Offline Jone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
a new AbanteCart cart website with my own design, but not the newest version  parajumpers salg

rvalani

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »
Can you guys suggest me some websites that are build on only abantecart without wordpress/jhoomla  I want to know what abantecart is capable of and what all can be acheived with minimum amount of code change