Author Topic: Product controller error message  (Read 5087 times)

Offline mattpb

• View Profile
Product controller error message
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:02:05 AM »
Help!  I am attempting to manually input products via the admin/products menu and now they are being assigned product id #0 and not showing up in the storefront.  I am getting the following error in my admin messages:

Error: Error in data of page with controller: 'pages/product/product'. Please check for key_value present where key_param was set

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Product controller error message
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »
Any other errors you get? What is the version of your cart?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline mattpb

• View Profile
Re: Product controller error message
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:06:02 AM »
Thank you for replying and please excuse my delay.  I am running version 1.2.7 and I do believe that I figured out the source of the issue.  When making adjustments to the product database tables using phpMyAdmin, I had set "product_id" as my primary key, but did not have "auto-increment" enabled, therefore when manually entering a product via the AbanteCart admin control panel, it was not placing the new product at the end of the table as it should (going off the last product number read and adding +1 to the new), but rather applying the number "0" as the product number and not allowing it to be read and visible in AbanteCart.  It seems that there has to be a direct correlation between the database's successive progression of product numbers (if that is your primary key) and creation time-stamps in order to be visible for use in AbanteCart (i.e. if product 100 has a timestamp of 2016-14-07 01:00, then product 101 and all successive product numbers must have at least the same or later date and time than the previous to be recognized).  I am still learning, but I thought I would share this if it helped the community.  Please correct me if I am wrong and Thank you again.