Author Topic: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification  (Read 4346 times)

Offline rachelsung

• View Profile
"Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Hi, I am new to AbanteCart.

First of all, I like to say that AbanteCart is the most wonderful eCommerce tool I have ever used and thanks to the wonderful development team.  I really appreciate AbanteCart.

Here I have encounter a question and hope someone can help me.
My site is just a simple site to sell my son's second hand clothes.  All the customers just use "guest" to check out.  No need for delivery since I will meet customers face to face and trade in cash.  However, I do need to add some more fields on "Guest Checkout Step 1" page for customers to fill in their other informations.  Then customers and I will both receive those information after they press "confirm" button by email.

The problem is - how do I add extra fields on "Guest Checkout Step 1" without changing any code (to avoid upgrade problem in the future and I am not a fan of code change either.)?  Can anyone help me with it?  Thank you very much in advance.

< The effort I have tried >

1. Add a new form and created a new block to put on "Design -> layout -> checkout pages" but it leaves 2 blocks on checkout page and 2 buttons to press and the submit button does not carry out the orders at all!  :(

2. Add a filed in "language description" but does not know how does this can do any help?  :o

Please help anyone?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:36:06 PM by rachelsung »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:29:08 AM »
Hello.
Without changing any code try Order attributes extension http://marketplace.abantecart.com/order-attributes

Offline rachelsung

• View Profile
Re: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »
OK, I see.  Seems like that is the only way.  Thank you, Basara, for the prompt answer.