Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How can I set up an automated email response?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
How can I set up an automated email response?
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:15:34 AM »
Hi All,

When a customer signs up to the newsletter, they do not receive a confirmation email. Is it possible to send an automated response to anyone who signs up to emails? Something like this "thank you for registering with abc.com. We will send you updates when they are available".

Thanks

Jay

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
Re: How can I set up an automated email response?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:57:32 AM »
When a customer signs up to the newsletter, they do not receive a confirmation email. Is it possible to send an automated response to anyone who signs up to emails?

Hi Jay. I believe you can do this by adding a new "order" status to System->Localisation->Order Statuses, then create a cron job to work in conjunction with promo sender: http://marketplace.abantecart.com/promo_sender

Promo Sender lets you select from the status list the customers you want to email. You could have a new status named "subscriber", "subscribed" or anything along those lines. You may need to assign the status manually, though, for each subscriber. I'm not 100% sure that Promo Sender will work for your particular setting. I suggest giving it a try.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:03:21 AM by Ollie »
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
Hi.

This is possible but require code change

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »
I don't want to violate any rules or step on anyone's toes! Would it be ok for me to set up a poll and ask how many people would like the automated welcome email? In the UK it's just the norm that a sign up results in a welcome email.

Thanks

Jay

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 01:49:02 AM »
I don't want to violate any rules or step on anyone's toes! Would it be ok for me to set up a poll and ask how many people would like the automated welcome email? In the UK it's just the norm that a sign up results in a welcome email.

Thanks

Jay

Hi. Please create poll for voting in this branch http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/board,38.0.html