Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: PHP handler issue?  (Read 5152 times)

Offline fmw

• View Profile
PHP handler issue?
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:58:09 AM »
I uploaded the files and accessed the site as directed.  The response was that I was using an older PHP handler.  It wanted 5.3 or higher.  I went to the server and connected a 5.6.4 handler.  At that point I got a 500 error upon accessing the site.  As an experiment I changed the index file name to index.html.  At that point the response was a dump of the text of the file.  I went back to index.php and returned to the 500 error.  I'm baffled.  Does AbanteCart not like the 5.6.4 handler?  Thoughts?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PHP handler issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:18:04 AM »
Hello.
Can you please provide some more details. What files are you upload, I mean latest AbanteCart files or any? Where did you see response, in browser or in the error log? Could you provide url or screenshot? Also do not rename index.php file: AbanteCart will not work without this file in the root

Offline fmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »
Sure.  I uploaded the files in the public directory as the instructions indicated.  The responses were take from the browser.  A 500 error is simply one that normally indicates that the URL is not present or that the requested file is not present.  Its appearance varies from browser to browser.  The text dump was simply an unformatted display of the text of index.php.  It makes no sense for the URL to work properly and then stop working when the only change was the connection of a newer PHP handler.  I've never encountered anything like it before.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »
I guess you got 500 error because your index.php file have 777 permissions. Try to set 444.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline fmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »
Yes.  Thank you.  I did finally get the setup routine to run and completed it.  However, the system said it was unable to connect to the mysql database server.  The problem could be on the server but I am using the server successfully for 2 other databases.

Offline ktchost.com

• View Profile
    • KTCHost - Reliable Web Hosting Provider
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
Simply contact hosting provider and ask them to server side error message or if you are having server access then check the mysql logs as well as Apache error logs and try to resolve it, you can also post error message here, so we can help you.
█ ktchost.com - Reliable Web Hosting Provider
█ E-commerce Ready Hosting | Pure SSD Cloud/VPS | Offshore Dedicated Server
█ 24/7 Reliable Tech Support | Monitoring Service | R1Soft Backup

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 02:47:28 PM »
In setting A-cart up,

1. Did you create a database with username and password?

2. If yes, was that supplied correctly during the setup process?

3. If the above are true, then A-cart should install correctly.

For the PHP version, if you have C-panel and a server that correctly addresses things, there should be a link there for PHP Version  Check that and possibly you can up the PHP version to 5.6.

Now, if you still get errors, look at the error and again go to PHP Version. There you should be able to choose what modules are active.

Take a look at everything and if you can give more detail, the solutioin should be fairly easy.

And last but most important, how did you upload the files?  Make sure your FTP client is set to binary and not auto.  Many errors occur if Auto is selected.  My suggestion is Filezilla. Been around forever and is constantly supported. You can set binary transfer easily.