Author Topic: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXX bytes exhausted  (Read 8650 times)

Offline Tigerdoom

• View Profile
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXX bytes exhausted
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »
Hi Guys
Have read a similar post which is 120 days old so registering a new one.

I'm trying to upload 4-5000 products for our new Trophy website.
Samples have been created and exported to CSV file. New products have been added and imported via Import/Export tab.

The small ticker at the bottom of the page shows progress of import from 0% to 100% then it changes to 'waiting for trophydirect.co.uk'
After a few seconds I get presented with a white screen and the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 385875968 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1 bytes) in /home/trophydi/public_html/trophydirect.co.uk/core/lib/data.php on line 391

The response offered in the old post I referenced earlier states to increase the memory limit via cPanel and/or php.ini file. These have both been done over the weekend, up to a max of 512MB but the error persists. The hosting provider has suggested it may be a problem with the data or the cart itself? Any ideas? Driving me mad  :(

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXX bytes exhausted
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:58 AM »
Hello.

Did you got this error when import small CSV, say 4 rows only?

Offline Tigerdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:19:56 AM »
No, the CSV has 4-5000 rows.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »
There is not enough memory to process your import. Try to split your import into smaller chunks.

FYI. In upcoming v1.2.11 import process will be improved with task processing and you do not need to break import CSV file into parts.

Offline Tigerdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
There is not enough memory to process your import. Try to split your import into smaller chunks.

FYI. In upcoming v1.2.11 import process will be improved with task processing and you do not need to break import CSV file into parts.

Good advice that doesnt work both ways unfortunately. While I can now import 80 or 90 products, the same error returns when trying to export the product csv from the store...loosing patience with Abantecart  :(

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »

Good advice that doesnt work both ways unfortunately. While I can now import 80 or 90 products, the same error returns when trying to export the product csv from the store...loosing patience with Abantecart  :(

Hello. Can you confirm you have same problem in 1.2.11?

Offline Tigerdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
Havent tried the updated version, trying to figure out this issue first. Did you see screen shots from my previous post?