Author Topic: html2 template  (Read 5746 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
html2 template
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »
I get the impression that template default_html5 does not work with the recent updates to AbanteCart?

If it does, it doesn't restore to a new site with the current version.

How do you manually move default_html5?

Thank you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: html2 template
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »
Hello.

I think you did not upgrade correctly or not all files were upgraded. default_html5 template was renamed to default long time ago.

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
I've been working on this new site for weeks now as v 1.2.5 will not update to 1.2.6 and so on. It posts an error message or blank screens the site.

I've installed 1.2.8 as a new isntance and imported the backup but found a very odd looking site, nothing like the original. I then found that the template I was using was NOT transferred., the html2 version. The default template is VERY different from the html2 version that I'm using on the production site.

When I manually copied it to the new site's template folder and selected it, it is very similar to the production site just needing some minor tweaks. So I posit that the new default template is nothing like the html2 template. They are different.

One new problem that you may be able to help with? Even though I imported without demo products, 1.2.8 does assign cosmetic product images on the home page and I think, elsewhere. I've unattached this images, (4.jpg being the worst offender) and then attempted to delete. They don't and remain on the website.

Any ideas, when even a manual delete via ftp doesn't work?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
I've installed 1.2.8 as a new isntance and imported the backup but found a very odd looking site

This is wrong way. You can not restore 1.2.5 backup on 1.2.8 site

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
Fortunately, it worked and the new site appears very similar to the old. I had no choice, as 1.2.5 would not upgrade to 1.2.6 and so on.

Why do you think that it won't work?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:11:34 AM »
Why do you think that it won't work?

Hi. Because backup mean copy of your current files and database state,  there are a lot of small and not changes in the files and Database between 1.2.5 and 1.2.8

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:21 AM »
I know that the database is updated between versions. The problem is that I've restored the database to a test 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 systems but they do not update so the only option that I can think of with rebuilding the entire site from scratch is to restore to the current version.

Any ideas? I have thought of just restoring the product data and copying over the entire image tree but I don't have days to play with it.

I'm hoping that someone has solved this problem and can offer some suggestions.