Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Removing stock images  (Read 4655 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Removing stock images
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »
I setup a new 1.2.8 cart and although selecting not to import sample database, the website has lots of cosmetic images. How do I get rid of them? Nothing that I've tried works and they are not shown under Media Manager.

Is there a way to import just images, and if possible link them automatically with products? Perhaps a csv file. I've tried exporting and importing data but the import fails and nothing is imported.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Removing stock images
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
I am trying to understand. Do you need demo images or not?

If you select to skip loading demo data, you should not have any products or images loaded into the database. Images might be still in the directories, but you can delete them if needed.

You can import images with products or with resource library
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/import.html

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
I deselected include demo database, but it installed the cosmetic images. I cannot find a way to either find or delete them. One item, 4.jpg which is the home page perfume photo will not manually delete as it's always in use.

I don't know why these images are automatically installed anyway.

Is there a way to import images in one sequence. I've copied the image folders, but many don't link to the imported images.

I've spent so much time trying to export and then import the same site, I could have built it from scratch in less time. The AbanteCart backup/restore system does not work properly.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 03:55:56 PM »
Are you putting 2-3 questions/issues into one post? This is a bit confusing and does not help to understand your issue.

1. If images are loaded with the initial install (which is strange), you can delete them with resource library manager window or if products loaded, you can remove all in the grid listing. Show us a screenshot to help to understand what you need to remove.

2. Yes there is a way to import all images. Check system / data / import section. Do the resource library export first to see the format of CSV document.
Here is a manual: http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/import.html

The AbanteCart backup/restore system does not work properly.
What is wrong here? Please search the forum for to find solution here. Possibly you have directory permissions or PHP time limit.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
I'll take another shot at this next week.

1 The new install includes cosmetics images. When I find them, especially 4.jpg that appears on the home page I can manually unlink it and attempt a delete from the admin section. It does not work, so I'm stuck with a big cosmetic logo.

2 I've done a data export and import as both csv and xml. It doesn't work.

What AbanteCart lacks is a robust way to copy all of the settings, images, templates and data and import it all to a new site. The current method does not work. It may work for a testing site, but once a site is in product, it doesn't. I suspect that the customizations confuse it.

If someone wrote an extension to do this, it will be worth it's weight in gold, especially if it will allow latest version new installations from prior editions. In my instance, the prior edition that works fine will not update but displays critical errors. That's why I'm trying to export/import to a new site. Sadly, that doesn't work either.

I may well have to redo the entire site manually... a big waste of time.

Offline epimadman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
I am trying to understand. Do you need demo images or not?

If you select to skip loading demo data, you should not have any products or images loaded into the database. Images might be still in the directories, but you can delete them if needed.

You can import images with products or with resource library

In softaculous, I didn't see a way to skip loading demo data - that would be wonderful!

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
I doubt that you can. Based on a lot of effort over the past two weeks, the backup/restore and the export/import feature is rich in bugs. I suggest that once you get your system going you make very frequent MySQL backups to a local machine and copy the entire web site code as well so that it can be restored to a prior point.