Author Topic: Change account create form from Privacy Policy to Terms and Conditioins  (Read 5045 times)

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
First, BIG thumbs up to the dev team. Abantecart is hands down the best simple deployable ecommerce platform around.

I'm not a coder but have learned to manipulate code over the years to do what I want but this has me stumped.

On the Create Account page I want to change the Privacy Police to Terms and Conditions which I've created. I looked at the 2 files that seem to control this \storefront\controller\pages\account\create.php and \storefront\view\default\template\pages\account\create.tpl but can't wrap my head around how to change the link to the page I want referenced. 

I know it's probably staring at me but I'm not seeing it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Change account create form from Privacy Policy to Terms and Conditioins
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
Simpler and something that will not require you to continue to alter core code as updates come out  would be to add your new form to the content section

Design > Content   (add your desire pages there either as top level or as a sub of an existing content page.

Then if you look at your system > settings > checkout   you will see the new page as a selection in the fields for Account Terms  and Checkout Terms

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
Got it!  I knew it was staring at me but I was looking right past it. Thanks for your help. I don't want to alter any core code, just the .css and .tpl where it needs a minor tweak for my store.

Been heavy into Abantecart for about a week and almost ready to go live. Like I said, hands down the best cart out there for the non-technical person.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 01:46:42 AM »
Hi, just want to note to change Account Terms or Checkout Terms go to System > Settings > Checkout and select what content page you want to show your customers  ;D
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/checkout.html