Author Topic: Search full-site doesn't search content page  (Read 4317 times)

rvalani

Search full-site doesn't search content page
« on: September 23, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
Hi People,
I have created multiple content pages and instead of going to design > content, I would like to get it directly from search box so when I type the name of content that I have created it does not show it... Any idea why?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Search full-site doesn't search content page
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »
design > content is in the admin. Are you looking for change this in admin?
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

rvalani

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
design > content is in the admin. Are you looking for change this in admin?

NO, We have search entire site text box in the admin panel which means I can type a content name and directly be able to edit it but I don't see if I type name of any content name, whereas it works for category that I have created. Also If I try to search a particular product it don't appear there I have to manualy go to products tab and then search it

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:11 AM »
Also If I try to search a particular product it don't appear there I have to manualy go to products tab and then search it

What is your language? Can you share product name example you did not find?

rvalani

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »
Language is English.. I have created a content inside Design named"Our Expert" and I also have a category named "our motto" so when I type "our" in search box of admin panel it displays our motto but not our expert.. Then I tried entering the full name "our expert" it says no results found...  So my doubt here is does the search field work for custom created content page because I see it is working for custom created categories.?

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »
I think Abantecart needs a search similar to this forum which is SMF. I've used SMF for 15 years and the search works great.

Dev, take a look at the forum search and maybe you can incorporate it into the site. Works great.

Offline Ollie

• View Profile
    • Assistech
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:04:32 PM »
I use a third-party search engine in my store. I can get the entire site indexed, including the information pages. I wrote about this in another post: http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,4899.0.html
Assistive technologies for people with special needs:
https://assistech.com/store/

rvalani

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 10:30:07 AM »
Thanks Ollie will take a look at it.. And Does anyone have idea about how to make autocomplete search for our products like google does?