Author Topic: Abantecart Product Page - AddThis Extension - Open Graph Meta  (Read 5409 times)

Offline two_fist

• View Profile
Abantecart Product Page - AddThis Extension - Open Graph Meta
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »
Hi

When using the AddThis Extension , is there anyway to code Open graph Facebook meta image for individual product pages ? If anyone has done this please could you inform how as my AddThis does not share any product image from page.

Tony

Online llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Abantecart Product Page - AddThis Extension - Open Graph Meta
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
What version of AbanteCart and AddThis are you using?

Do you have an Ads Block on your browser?   some of them prevent the image from showing on the Product page,  but the image does move to the actual posting.   Please refer to the manual (link is here and always in your extension page)
http://abantecartextensions.com/docs/addthis

Additionally -  if you have issues with extensions it is always best to contact the support link for your extension.  Most developers do support their extensions,  I know we do (WHY2) .   There is a support link on the product page in the MarketPlace  and for us (WHY2)  one on every extension page.  Along with a manual link so you can always check for the latest version  or any notes etc.   On occasion updated versions in the MarketPlace have not been pushed to previous purchasers  (this is a known issue for the MarketPlace admins)  -  but you can either request your account to be updated by using the help@abantecart in the MarketPlace  or placing a support ticket to WHY2.

I hope this solves your issue.

Lee

Offline two_fist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:33:54 AM »
Hi,

Thank your for the reply and links. I'm using AbanteCart 1.2.8 and AddThis 1.2.7.6 now, i don't appear to have any Ad Block showing under my chrome extensions, but i will test an actual post.

Thanks again

Offline Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »
Hi

When using the AddThis Extension , is there anyway to code Open graph Facebook meta image for individual product pages ? If anyone has done this please could you inform how as my AddThis does not share any product image from page.

Tony
Hi Tony,

I put the code in the "social media block" and it works for me (i get the tekst and picture in my Facebook account)
I have also the same (latest) versions of Addthis and AbanteCard

I have to figure out how to block the buttons in the Account and other personal pages... this is not for sharing :)

Succes, Joop