Author Topic: Product Image Size  (Read 3862 times)

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
Product Image Size
« on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
Okay gang, again I have looked around and didn't find the answer,\.

What size image is needed to represent a product and not get "empty space" on the zoom?

Here's an example  http://www.cbto.us/index.php?rt=product/product&path=71_73&product_id=131

Look at the second picture in the zoom. I tried everything with size and still get the white no picture border. The pics were slapped up quick to get product on the site, but now I want to refine it and have things professional for the customer.

Any suggestions? I've tried literally everything and can't "crop" the image to stay within the zoom bounds.

Thanks

Offline dale2766

• View Profile
Re: Product Image Size
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »
Hi i am by no means a expert but i had a look at your image and that particular one is oblong so i think you are going to struggle with that particular one. My suggestion to you is to try and make you photo's square and all the same diameter to start with. If you look in your store settings all of the image sizes no matter what the size you will see that they are square in size. The problem with this is if you have a oblong object you will always have a area where there is no product due to the products shape. If your product fills the entire photo area then you will not have any white when you zoom. Hope this makes sense and helps some.

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
Thanks Dale, makes sense.  I guess I may have to leave extra white space to make it square.  I'll give it a try.

Offline dale2766

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
No problems i hope it helped some.