Author Topic: Email as login name - non case sensitive  (Read 3344 times)

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
Email as login name - non case sensitive
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:25:18 AM »
I want to set the customer login as their email address. ( I understand that this is an option but I haven't been able to find where to set that yet, still looking)

My main concern is that I am seeing posts on here talking about how the email address as login is case sensitive. I don't want it that way as sometimes people randomly capitalize letters in their email such as JohnSmith(a)Example.com  - then the next time they log in they might type it as johnSmith(a)example.com which would not work if it was set to be case sensitive.

Can this be done? Where and how is it done if yes?  (Also wouldn't mind knowing where to set the login name to default to their email....though I will probably eventually find it.)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Email as login name - non case sensitive
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:01:22 AM »
Check Require login name setting in the System > Settings > Checkout

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Thank you. I looked previously but missed it which is no surprise for me, unfortunately. I really do appreciate your help. Hopefully my old eyes will work better next time.

I tested logging in using various caps randomly in a customer email login and that seems to no longer be an issue which is good news. Overall I am very impressed with AbanteCart and with the quick responses here in the forum. If I end up using it I will definitely donate some money to the project.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:48:49 AM »
Thank you petroglyphs