Author Topic: Cloned Default template success! - loads fine - But I can't edit blocks  (Read 4641 times)

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
Running 1.2.8

I was able to create a clone of the default template using rvalani's instructions found in the thread below. I tried the instructions at the beginning of the thread and was not successful in getting it to work. Maybe rvalani's post should be inserted at the top of that thread to save people some time and trouble.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1340.45.html

It is actually simple..
Step one download https://github.com/abantecart/developer_tools_extension/tree/master/v1.2/code/extensions and paste into your extension folder
Step two go to your extension and install it after installation you should see developer tool tab under your section
Step three goto Design -> Template the clone the default template(via clicking folder like icon) Also create full clone it includes CSS, Javascripts etc
Step four Extension will be created for the cloned template, edit it then select the new template(one your have cloned) and save it
Go back to Design -> Template select the new template and start editing!!
Done...
v 1.2.8 is lot easier 7 clicks and it is created...

How / where to correctly edit blocks for this new template such as About Us,  Testimonials etc so that my changes won't be lost with an upgrade? 

Does it matter if I edit them under Design / Layouts then click on the edit icon for each block or should I be editing them in Design / Blocks, or doesn't it make any difference?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:15:34 AM by petroglyphs »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cloned Default template success! - loads fine - But I can't edit blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:42 AM »
Hello.

Design > Layout is visual interpretation of Design > Blocks. Usually AbanteCart upgrade package did not change block content because they are related to dynamic data. Anyway you should backup your database and files before upgrade

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
Re: Cloned Default template success! - loads fine - But I can't edit blocks
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »
Understood. Thanks!