Author Topic: Is there a WYSIWYG editor for CSS files?  (Read 6769 times)

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
Is there a WYSIWYG editor for CSS files?
« on: November 26, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
I would like to edit my style.css files in an editor that shows the results in a WYSIWYG format and makes it easy to find exactly where to edit colors for each component without already knowing the name of the component - simply selecting it from the previewed web page.

I just tried a demo of Dreamweaver and found it very difficult to quickly figure out where to edit colors for various components.  I tried Stylizer 6 (not free but a demo). I found it a bit easier than Dreamweaver to find where to edit a specific component's color but it was still very awkward and time consuming, mostly just a "try this and see" method of elimination.

Both were tedious and difficult to the point of pointless sometimes to try to figure out.  Nothing else I have tried allows you to click on the page in question and instantly see where to edit the colors involved. HTML files are simple.

I want something that makes editing a CSS file as easy as an HTML file.  I want to be able to click on an area of the page and have it show me the color selected and provide an easy way to edit it.

Is there something out there that I have missed in my search?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:02:51 PM by petroglyphs »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a WYSIWYG editor for CSS files?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 04:21:44 AM »
Hello.

Try firebug http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/template_debug.html#inspect
In this way you can not edit file directly but easy to find file and line in file where to edit

Offline petroglyphs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:18:36 AM »
Great. I will try that out. Thanks!

Offline MarioWes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 05:04:52 AM »
Hello.

Try firebug
In this way you can not edit file directly but easy to find file and line in file where to edit

Wow, thanks. That is going to be a huge timesaver. Can't believe i only just found this firebug addon!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:02:38 AM by MarioWes »