Author Topic: Disabled Countries still show in cart  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Mike

• View Profile
Disabled Countries still show in cart
« on: December 08, 2016, 12:29:37 PM »
Hi,

Another question.

I have disabled a stack of countries as I only want to allow shipping to the UK, Europe and the US. However, when I place an item in the cart all countries are still in the drop down menu as an option.

Not only is this not what I wanted or was expecting but it actually causes the checkout to break. I am using (trying to use) weight based shipping which works fine but only on 3 countries - France, Uk & USA - if I select one of those 3 options at checkout I then have to pick a zone before the shipping cost is calculated and added. If I pick a country other than those 3 then the cart effectively crashes by putting no price either for the shipping or the product. If I then go back to the UK option for example, it still doesn't show any prices. The only way to fix it is to click the update cart button.

This is obviously not good and presents a double problem - too many countries in the drop down and a crash if the wrong one is selected.

Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Disabled Countries still show in cart
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »
Hello.

Try to clear AbanteCart cache.
For the Weight Based shipping it show only for Locations (Countries /Regions) you setup in admin. Check your Weight Based and Location settings http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/locations_and_taxes/locations_list.html

Offline Mike

• View Profile
Re: Disabled Countries still show in cart
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:51:39 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the info - clearing the cache worked perfectly  :)