Author Topic: Banners  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Mike

• View Profile
Banners
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »
Hi

I am using V1.2.8 with the default template and I have a couple of problems with the banners in Banner Manager.

1. I believe that the graphic banners are only displayed on mobile devices. So I set up 2 graphic banners to be Main page banners and set the sort orders to 1 & 2. However, only one shows up when I view the home page and it never changes/slides to the 2nd one. Is there an additional setting that I am missing to enable multiple graphic banners.

2. The default template is responsive but the text banners are not. For example, when I view the home page on an iPad in landscape, the banner shows up fine but if I rotate the iPad to portrait the banner resizes and the text covers the product image. Is there a way to fix this because if not the only other option I can think of is to use images with the text already on and link the whole image instead of just the button.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Banners
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:23:19 AM »
Hello.

Banner slider in default template is consist of HTML banners, not Graphic banners.
If you create new HTML banner and want to show it in slider you need to assign it to the same Banner Group
follow this guide http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/banner_slider.html

For the static Graphic banner. Create New Banner than create Banner block and Enabled this block in Design > Layout
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/banners.html

Offline Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply and sorry if I'm missing something but I don't think that you actually answered either of my questions.

Basically:
1. Is it possible to make the text banners responsive so that the text and images resize accordingly depending on the device being used to view.
2. Can I set the graphic banners to show more than one banner on a mobile device or can I only use one - I tried adding a second one to the same group as the "fallback" banner but it didn't work

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:54:45 AM »
Hello.

Yes you can make responsive banners with Text banners. Text banners are HTML banners so you can add your responsive HTML code to Text banner.

Fallback banner is part of default slider. You can not add two fallback images