Author Topic: More on Multitore  (Read 3163 times)

Offline old_guy

• View Profile
More on Multitore
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »
Hi all,
I'm using v1.2.8
I have got Multistore working and I appreciate all the help from the forum.

I am trying to find out a little more about the nuts and bolts of how multistore works and if i can get it to do something I thought would be easy but can't see how to do it.

For those who are following the saga I have two domains on the same host, one is an add-on.  By redirecting the document root from the add-on domain to my primary domain abantecart folder, multistore now works and I have all the benefits of running multistore.  The downside is that any other content that may have been on the add-on site is now unavailable (Example a photogallery running from myaddondomain/photos/).

So the question:-
Can I redirect from a folder (example storeNo2) instead of the root, on the add-on site to my abantecart, and if so how do I do it. 

If I can do this it would leave the rest of the site content available to visitors who would visit the site for its content not just to visit the store.

The reason:-
I have another domain, that is content rich, that would benefit from having access to some of the items held in the abantecart store, but not at the expense of losing the sites content.

Just spent 2 hours on live chat to the hosting provider who tell me abantecart cannot run multistore.  Hoping for more joy here and I am sure I am not the only one who would like to be able to do this.

Really looking forward to hearing you views

Regards