Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Can't update and no access to admin console...HELP!  (Read 9745 times)

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
Can't update and no access to admin console...HELP!
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Guys we just did a fresh install and imported the database, extension and store products and resources to the new hosting server.

When I log into the AbanteCart admin page I receive this message: "There has been a critical error processing your request"

There is a link on this page that creates an email with error log information.  This is the contents of this email:

Log file tail:

Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in /home/****342/public_html/shop/core/lib/config.php on line 210
2016-12-19 14:50:25 - App Warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.8 Warning: Accessing store with non-configured or unknown domain ( #####.com/shop/ ).

This error log in much longer but repetitive.

Originally the site was in a subdirectory of 'store" and but after it was moved it now resides in "shop".  I can't log into the admin console to checked the store's general setting and URL.  Is there a way to modifiy the actual configuration file instead?

If so where would this file be located?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:29:23 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: After fresh install and import can't log into admin screen...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 02:42:39 AM »
Hi.

Check this short guide how to move to another hosting
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/change_domain.html#ChangeHosting

also you can edit settings directly in database

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:24 AM »
Thanks very much Basara for the reply. I'm dead in the water right now.

I followed the guide that you linked me too.  The only thing that I'm sure isn't correct is the SALT key.
The old (working) store has this salt key line but the new installations /system/config.php does not have this line.

At this time I'm working on resolving a storage issue on the server before I can upload the new config.php file with the correct SALT line.  Hopefully I'll be able to do this soon.

So so I copy the SALT line from the working site to the new site's config.php file?

Also, YES I can edit setting directly in the database but I'm no pro at it so I would need some guidance with that.  The service has the tools to do this.
Thanks you!
Soup

UPDATE.  I added the SALT line from the old working store to the new one but the same issue exists.  Wrong key?  Why would this file not have the SALT line in it in the first place?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:30:29 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »
can you check values of column "salt" of table "users" via phpMyAdmin?
is some salt presents there?
Since v1.2.8 AbanteCart use approach "salt-per-row" instead "one salt for all".
If no salt in the table row cart will use old approach (salt from config.php)
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 08:31:24 AM »
Thanks Abolabo,
There is no "salt" line at all in this new installation within the "users" table in phpMyAdmin.  In the working/old site the "salt" line is present, listed as #4
Your thoughts?
Soup
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:30:39 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:12 AM »
Chris -  when you imported your db from the older version -  did you run the sql updates on it?  You usually cannot just import a prior version DB without adjusting to the lastest DB requirements. 

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
Hi Lee,
I didn't import the DB myself.  It was done by the host.  I'll ask them what was done when importing the DB.
Thanks Lee.

UPDATE:  These are the comments from the host support team:

I am unsure what sort of updates they require, the MySQL dump was done from the same version of the server software it was applied to so nothing was really changed on the server side, it's basically the absolute same database as it was on the previous site. Only the name has changed.

Can you ask them in detail what updates need to be done on it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:30:51 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »
Chris,  did you port 1.2.6 to 1.2.6,   or 1.2.6  to 1.2.8?  You had indicated you did a "fresh install" and then ported the db.

You can import the same version db to a fresh install  without concern on the db. 
You canNOT import a previous db to an different cart version without running the sql updates on the db.

Hopefully that will give you the clarity you need in regards to versions.

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »
Hi Lee,
I didn't actually do this, the hosting company did.  Originally 1.2.8 was installed fresh.  Then the files were imported and ended up making the 1.2.8 show as 1.2.6 in the admin console.  When trying to update from this point (from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7) none of the update methods using AbanteCart or the tools in Cpanel worked.

After a few days of attempting to resolve this a fresh install (again), 1.2.8 was installed in a new directory on the server.  The DB was imported as was all the other store related files (resources, .css ,etc.).  At this point the store looks fine and is working identically to the old store . All the items look correct and is of the correct version (1.2.8).

The only issue (that I can see right now anyway) is I can't get to the admin panel. I can log in but I'm not taken to the admin colsole, instead I receive an error that reads:
 "There has been a critical error processing your request"

Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in /home/****342/public_html/shop/core/lib/config.php on line 210
2016-12-19 14:50:25 - App Warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.8 Warning: Accessing store with non-configured or unknown domain ( #####.com/shop/ ).

This error log in much longer but repetitive.

The SALT line is in fact missing from the config.php file inside the system directory but I don't know what this means and apparently neither does the hosting folks as the do mostly server only related support not application support.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:31:00 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »
At this time I still can't get to the admin console and still looking for a little guidance with this issue.

Another issue discovered in the last few hours is updating from 1.2.8 to 1.2.9.
The hosting company attempted to upgrade the installation and wrote this message to me:

I was able to bypass a couple of update roadblocks. The initial issue is PHP Phar was not configured, obtained this information from:

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/upgrade/troubleshoot.html

I set your php version to 5.4 and enabled PHAR via Cpanel - PHP Version. After increasing some timeouts I came across the following error:

database error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.6 Error: SELECT dataset_id FROM abpb_datasets WHERE dataset_name = install_upgrade_history AND dataset_key=admin LIMIT 1 in /home/uspre275/public_html/store/core/database/amysqli.php on line 106

Though, the command that errored out runs fine under the AbanteCart cart user:

mysql -u uspre275_shop -p
Enter password:
mysql show databases

information_schema
uspre275_shop

mysql use uspre275_shop
Database changed
mysql SELECT dataset_id FROM abpb_datasets WHERE dataset_name = install_upgrade_history AND dataset_key=admin LIMIT 1
dataset_id

The MySQL related error in the troubleshooting steps recommends setting amysqli which is already set. The mysqli php module is set as well. Do the devs have any advise regarding the latest error?

Do you guys have any input on this issue for the hosting company?
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:32:02 PM by soup-n-sandwich »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't update and no access to admin console...HELP!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 12:12:40 AM »
Hello.

this error is very clear explain why you have problems
database error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.6 Error:
You have 1.2.6 cart version. You can not skip 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 and upgrade directly to 1.2.9

Offline soup-n-sandwich

• View Profile
Re: Can't update and no access to admin console...HELP!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 09:36:35 AM »
Thanks Basara,
I was under the impression that 1.2.8 was in fact the version I was running...guess not.
Do you think this is also responsible for the issues of no access to the admin console?

The hosting folks installed 1.2.8 form scratch on the server, then important the database which was originally used on a working 1.2.6 version.  Do you think the import was not done correctly to case this issue?
According to Softaculous the install is 1.2.8.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:48:39 AM by soup-n-sandwich »