Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Only default free shipping shows up - how to make it work with the others?!?  (Read 4328 times)

Offline zanuda

• View Profile
Sorry, I'm totally new to AbanteCart. I've got a problem with extensions, could not figure it out how to make working:
1. Royal mail
2. Flat rate
3. Weight based shipping

I actually need Royal mail, but would be happy if any of it will work. I'm using anbante 1.2.5 at the moment.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi.
Set your products to Require Shipping ON, fill weight, weight class and dimentions if required and configure each delivery method in the Extensions > Shipping http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/ship_and_pay/enable_shipping.html

Offline zanuda

• View Profile
All these was done. I accidentally found the problem. The person who originally started the shop and filled all the data messed up with "location". Somehow there is proper location, when I choose it the shipping method doesn't appear, it appears only if I choose "all the locations". Didn't thing to check there in the beginning...

Offline zanuda

• View Profile
Basara, could I ask you a question? Does AbanteCart check customer location by IP?

Because the only problem was that under proper country name the wrong country (in location) was added. And as a result the shipping method was not appearing on the checkout. t took me ages to find out because it was never mentioned anywhere (not in Doc's, not in forum discussions)...

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

Shipping method grab country from the customer's address. No matter what is customer IP if he want to delivery product to the Country/region selected in address.
If you want to limit some delivery method (shipping extension) to specific Location. Check your current location config or create new one in the Admin > System > Localization > Locations http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/locations_and_taxes/edit_location.html