Author Topic: Trouble with translations for shipping  (Read 3625 times)

Offline bppe

• View Profile
Trouble with translations for shipping
« on: January 07, 2017, 06:06:41 PM »
Hi guys!
I find myself with quite a problem today...
I successfully translated manually ALL files from the language definitions, but I now have trouble with the shipping options. Everything is appearing as it should on my Admin, but not on storefront.

As you can see on the screenshots I took, in English, the shipping modes names are all ok. In French, they are not.

I reviews all the language descriptions related to that, all is translated. I can change the names in English but not in French.

I tried to copy missing definitions from English, still nothing (no file change and still won't work).

Nothing in my error log, and 6 messages (Language definition "" is missing for "") are still there. When I check for those language definitions in English, their French version is active.

Something I overlooked?

My shipping options are : "Free Shipping", "Pickup From Store" and "Canada Post", and all 3 have the same issue.

Thank you for you help!

Offline bppe

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with translations for shipping
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:22:05 AM »
Well, yet again, I finally found out the cause...

The extensions did not have a French file in storefront... So by going in Extensions> Extension's Name> Storefront > Language, and just making a copy of the english file, everything works fine and my translations are apllied without having to edit the files...

And they say sleep is the best remedy for too much thinking... :P

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
I am not sure what you mean by you manually translated or how you did it. 
We are the extension providers for your Canada Post and I tested to double check there was no issue with our extension and it has the value fields for all language correctly installed within AbanteCart.

You should see a field input space for each of your enabled languages when you are in System > Localization > Language Definitions   and have selected the correct block and key for changing. I also looked at the Pickup from store (see image attached) and it has value fields for all enabled languages as it should. 

Note also,  there can be blocks for the Admin and the Storefront -  you determine that by referring to the SECTION shown on the first line

PS  - sorry I was composing mine when you posted yours - 

What AbanteCart version are you working with?

Offline bppe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »
I am not sure what you mean by you manually translated or how you did it. 
We are the extension providers for your Canada Post and I tested to double check there was no issue with our extension and it has the value fields for all language correctly installed within AbanteCart.

You should see a field input space for each of your enabled languages when you are in System > Localization > Language Definitions   and have selected the correct block and key for changing. I also looked at the Pickup from store (see image attached) and it has value fields for all enabled languages as it should. 

Note also,  there can be blocks for the Admin and the Storefront -  you determine that by referring to the SECTION shown on the first line

PS  - sorry I was composing mine when you posted yours - 

What AbanteCart version are you working with?

I have installed AbanteCart 1.2.8, and paid for the Canada Post extension, installed it, ect.
The trouble is to remember to CREATE the translations files in the extension files for the language definitions to be enabled for that extension in that language. Just by doing a copy of the English files and renaming it "French", it worked.

When I say I manually translated all files, I mean I spent hours translating all language definitions from the admin (the panels from the attached image you sent) to be sure the translation would be accurate, so you can understand why I was upset that it did not work... ;)

Now that that works, I applied those changes to all my extensions, and it seems to have resolved a lot of my translation problems...!