Author Topic: Where is the wysiwyg editor in AbanteCart 1.2.9 ?  (Read 6577 times)

Offline ep98

• View Profile
Where is the wysiwyg editor in AbanteCart 1.2.9 ?
« on: January 13, 2017, 03:22:41 AM »
How with this pseudo BBCode editor will be able to have fully formatted detailed description on products ?
And if tinyMCE (I don't like it personally too) - (GIT)(Visual editor remove code #747) , why the hell there is no option for CK Editor or others, there are so many alternatives.

Is there something planned for 1.2.10, or should return to branch 1.1.x or another application ?

Thanks in advance.

------
In addition to this, who is this brainless bot/idiot did the build in translation tool in AbanteCart ?
Can you be so brain dead, tell me please ? What for is added this pseudo translation tool ? If is used - translation can't be shared, and that's written with small font somewhere in the docs....

I saw a lot of PHP devs acting like idiots (specially GPL abusers on Joomla and WordPress extension markets, but current team leads the table of being biggest idiot ever.... never mind, I will finish the planned translation, bcz I have client, but look at yourself and all extensions/translations currently done. No updates to any extension or translation, otherwise AbanteCart have some good additions which don't exist in other forks..... but please can you answer me this few questions ?

1. Who is the idiot decided to use XML files instead of INI or Gnu Gettext ? You should be really brainless !
2. For what reason tinyMCE is removed and not replaced by something better ?
3. What for you added option to done translations from administration, since they are not usable ?
4. What for I have to connect my shop to somewhere to download and install free extension ?
5. Why some blocks are invisible to removal ?
6. Do you ever read and respond to those forums ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:39:06 AM by ep98 »

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the wysiwyg editor in AbanteCart 1.2.9 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:09 PM »
How with this pseudo BBCode editor will be able to have fully formatted detailed description on products ?
And if tinyMCE (I don't like it personally too) - (GIT)(Visual editor remove code #747) , why the hell there is no option for CK Editor or others, there are so many alternatives.
Is there something planned for 1.2.10, or should return to branch 1.1.x or another application ?
tinyMCE is integrated with AbanteCart. CK Editor was integrated before and was discontinued due to number of issues and complains.
Switching from visual editor to HTML view does not work well and formatting is lost.

If u need full tinyMCE visual to be supported, you can enabled it.
public_html/admin/view/default/template/form/text_editor.tpl:114

There are no plans to do much in this area for 1.2.10

------
In addition to this, who is this brainless bot/idiot did the build in translation tool in AbanteCart ?
Can you be so brain dead, tell me please ? What for is added this pseudo translation tool ? If is used - translation can't be shared, and that's written with small font somewhere in the docs....

The world is full of idiots. Face the reality or change the world. Feel free to rewrite, improve and propose.

1. Who is the idiot decided to use XML files instead of INI or Gnu Gettext ? You should be really brainless !
Do you really need to know the name? How about providing at least 3 valid reasons, why it should not be XML (vs flat) in this particular use case?
Keep in mind, that these files are only loaded 1 time into the database and never loaded eve again (unless deleted from the database)

2. For what reason tinyMCE is removed and not replaced by something better ?
No. Not related to language files.

3. What for you added option to done translations from administration, since they are not usable ?
Not clear English. 

4. What for I have to connect my shop to somewhere to download and install free extension ?
You do not need to do this. This is optional.

5. Why some blocks are invisible to removal ?
Core blocks, maybe?

6. Do you ever read and respond to those forums ?
Apparently yes  :o , but your attitude makes it very hard for me to respond.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
What gets me, how someone calling everyone idiots, expects to get some sort of reasonable answer.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:06:34 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline old_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
This is a case for selective gene therapy.  Maybe we can introduce him to the Darwin Awards  8)

I applaude the fact that you bothered to reply, in fairly good humour as well.

Is there a block list on the forum?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »
Is there a block list on the forum?

Everyone deserves a second chance  :)
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline onyxnz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
Yes, everyone deserves another chance.

But for the development of community I think a standard of behaviour needs to be laid down, to say what is not acceptable...otherwise chaos reigns.

How about a sticky topic that addresses the behaviour required on the board, so those who are less mature know that they cannot get away with childish behaviour, as it affects others, particularly in FOSS where everything is volunteered!

I volunteer to hack something together if you wish...

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
I volunteer to hack something together if you wish...

Go for it. Thank you for the offer. We need help

Offline onyxnz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »