Author Topic: Weight class setup  (Read 3134 times)

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
Weight class setup
« on: January 13, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »
 OK I have tried and tried to setup my weight class and I can't get First Class mail to work correctly.
1) I deleted Gram and Kilogram
2) I changed Pounds to 1.000000 and ounce to 16.00000
3) Shipping choices are Priority Mail, Media Mail and First Class Mail
4) I have a book that the weight is set at 9 and ounces are selected.
5) When I put in a zip code the only options are Priority Mail and Media Mail
6) If I drop the weight of the book to 3oz or less I get the First Class option, but it is very cheap .89 cents

I have checked and the rate is calculating correctly for 3oz so the math is working. It only stops offering the First Class mail for anything above 3oz.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:18:52 PM by atmosman »

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weight class setup
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
According to USPS:
Maximum weight for First-Class Mail letters is 3.5 oz; for large First-Class Mail envelopes and parcels the maximum weight is 13 oz.

Double check what you have selected letters or parcel
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Weight class setup
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 02:22:09 PM »
eCommerce  FYI  I do think the default USPS is missing some API coding.  As you know we have the enhanced USPS integration in the MarketPlace  -  we needed more features for our clients  -  but this First Rate Mail Parcel is not one of the enhanced features,  but one of the standard rate look ups. 

I added comparison screenshots - from the same site / same product / same info   only difference is which USPS extension is used. 

I did provide a test site for the original poster as he inquired on the Market Place comments so he could test before his purchase (which he did)