Author Topic: Possible to have 1 character category name?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Rey

• View Profile
Possible to have 1 character category name?
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:08:46 AM »
1. Hello, I was wondering is it possible to add categories with 1 character name? Currently when I add with a category with a single character name it gives this error -
Code: [Select]
Category Name must be between 2 and 32 characters!
Why I want to do this is because I want my customers to view the products categorized by Alphabets. For example, I wish to create categories like this -

PS3 Games > Browse All Games
PS3 Games > Browse by Alphabet > A
PS3 Games > Browse by Alphabet > B
PS3 Games > Browse by Alphabet > C
PS3 Games > Browse by Alphabet > Z

Hope you understand. Or if there is a better way of doing this please tell.

2. Also please see the attached image, some of the images are not showing on the site, have tried clearing cache and everything, still it shows the missing image box.

Thank you//

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Re: Possible to have 1 character category name?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
Hi Rey,
I am not sure about your first question but your 2nd question is related to fonts that you are using. Myabe if you refresh the page you will see the icons correct? It is because your fonts are not loaded at the beginning of page..
Try putting ref-link of font at the top of your file

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Hi Rey,
I am not sure about your first question but your 2nd question is related to fonts that you are using. Myabe if you refresh the page you will see the icons correct? It is because your fonts are not loaded at the beginning of page..
Try putting ref-link of font at the top of your file

Hi, thanks for replying.
I have tried refreshing page, clearing cache etc. multiple times, still same issue. It is the fresh install of the cart and all the CSS files' ref-link are already at the top, I haven't touched them.
Don't know what is causing this.

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
Navigate to any other page
For Example your product page do you see fonts there?

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:39:30 AM »
Navigate to any other page
For Example your product page do you see fonts there?

Thanks. Navigated to the category/product page, images were visible there. When I arrived back on the homepage, images are visible now there too.
Thanks for this. Image problem is fixed.

Now if someone could tell me the file to edit to accept 1 character category names..

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 05:45:58 AM »
UPDATE: I have now done everything I could have done to make 1 char category names a reality but nothing worked.
Have manually searched and edited every possible file that define category names to be more than 1 character but it is not working. :(

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:12:15 AM »
Managed to edit the category names to 1 character by directly editing their names in the database via PhpMyAdmin.
Another method is to add a category by giving it more than 1 character name. Then edit/quick edit the name to less than 2 character, and it accepts the 1 char name then. (strange that it accepts the 1 char name while editing but not while creating a new category, maybe a bug?)
So for the time being I have managed to obtain what I wanted, but if any of the developer staff wish to add the correct file to edit to obtain the same , please do so.

Thanks.