Author Topic: Integrating SMS gateway API code  (Read 6428 times)

Offline spsantoshkumar

• View Profile
Integrating SMS gateway API code
« on: December 09, 2015, 05:20:05 AM »
Hi,

I would like to send out SMS messages on order placement and whenever order status gets changed. I have enquired with some of the SMS gateway providers in India and it seems that they are proving HTTP API to send SMS transcation notifications and asking us to integrate into shopping cart systems.

I would like to understand how easy for us to integrate calling their SMS Gateway API from Abantecart. To start off I want to send out SMS message once an order gets placed.

I am attaching the sample PHP code and SMS gateway API with this topic.

Any guidance / pointers in this direction is really helpful for me. Thank you in advance.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Integrating SMS gateway API code
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
This should be easy to do. What I have seen before, SMS APIs allow to sent SMS with simple function call.

API code needs to be included in to extension and extension hooked into areas there SMSs are sent.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline hikekart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »
how to edit the sms gateway...

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:32:22 AM »
Hello.

Check core SMS IM extension in AbanteCart: Twilio and Text Marketer http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/im.html