Author Topic: Such a nice package, if I could just conquer IMAGES, which sucks  (Read 27642 times)

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
Re: Such a nice package, if I could just conquer IMAGES, which sucks
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »
RE the php.ini file.

On some hosts, this will be processed, and the settings respected.  On others, it will not be.

This depends on how PHP is installed and configured.  Unless this setting is in a php.ini file in the Abantecart distribution, it is NOT an Abantecart bug, but a hosting issue which needs to be addressed by either reconfiguring your hosting account, or getting your host to do so for you.

If you do find a 12KB limit set in the distribution, I would report that as a bug immediately..

David

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:41 AM »
RE the php.ini file.

On some hosts, this will be processed, and the settings respected.  On others, it will not be.

This depends on how PHP is installed and configured.  Unless this setting is in a php.ini file in the Abantecart distribution, it is NOT an Abantecart bug, but a hosting issue which needs to be addressed by either reconfiguring your hosting account, or getting your host to do so for you.

If you do find a 12KB limit set in the distribution, I would report that as a bug immediately..

David

David ,
     Just Install The Script Using Softaclous In Hosting / Cpanel In a Folder And Check The Same Out ,then You Can delete the installation .Its was 12kb physically written in my ver 1.1.2 installation

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
Sounds like time to start looking at who is responsible for the Softaculous installer, and whether that value can be configured somewhere....

David

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 03:53:54 AM »
i asked softaculous team about this.
waiting for answer.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Abebe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »
After using OpenCart for 5 years or so, installing many scripts for my hosting clients and running several quite successful sites of my own, I decided to make a move to AbanteCart.

Must say, I like so much of it, but one of the major reasons I was looking for something beside OC was their image manager is terrible. So, I install AbanteCart, spend several hours playing around, making some settings, adding a basic option to see how they go, etc. Then I add a product. Everything going great, until it comes to the images.

I've got loads of images. I wholesale mobile phones and tablets to Ebay and Amazon sellers and they want to see the front, sides, open and closed back, accessories, port views and even the retail boxes. That's a lot of images for each product. But, with OC I could upload a directory of just Product A's images under a logical directory and folder, such as phones/ProductA.

Now all I see is some indiscriminate numbered folders. How do I upload to them? And once I do, how do I know what is where. There's a dozen or so folders from the demo, with no indication what they contain. To find one specific image I have to look in a dozen folders? And to add a couple of new views of ProductA that already has images somewhere, how to I keep them together?

From the start of computers everything revolves around logic. If there is one thing I am not, it's a coder, but I sure can't see any logic whatsoever in the image management here.

What am I missing?

Since I also supply carts to others, I have all of my images in folders and sub-folders that can all be loaded at one FTP session, over and done with. This system is a nightmare, unless I've been toking a bit to much and can't understand the logic of it.

Please explain what I'm missing. I'd love to start using your scripts. I'll install an average of one OC site per week, I'm ready for a change.

It is the latest software(AbanteCart) used in Tab,which could store more images with high pixels and also more visible.

Offline raanilak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:25 AM »
What if the Resource Library or Media Manager is NOT WORKING at all. Shows nothing when clicked on Images/PDFs/Videos under product, no way to upload new; instead takes me to my websites basic url followed by # like RaaniLakshmiBai.com/#

Basically full Resource Library / Media Manager is missing in my new update of AbanteCart 1.2.9

What to do?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 01:52:58 AM »
Hello, raanilak
Please start new topic. this one is old.
There are few reasons why your Media Library not work after upgrade:
1. Something is not upgraded correctly: files or database. Solution -> Restore backup
2. Your server firewall or mod_security block media library urls. Solution -> Contact your hosting support
3. Some files on your server have not correct read/wrire permissions