Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Shop Help  (Read 5706 times)

Offline fabcandles

• View Profile
Shop Help
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:54:25 AM »
Hi, I would appreciate someone helping me, i have done so much work to my store and now i want to make it live, but when i do a test run and add items to the cart, try and delete one it will not delete, when i add a new item, it does not add immediately and when i want to change a product or price it does not reflect the change, what could the problem be, i am not good at all this stuff and really do not want to start all over again.
Please can some have a look and help me, i would appreciate it.
my site is fabcandles-sa.com/abante7

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Shop Help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »
Your site looks good.

Do you get any error in the log after you try to delete item in the cart?
Did you edit cart TPL file? It looks like there is something wrong with element that shows shipping and tax.

I suggest you try to put original TPL file back for this page.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline fabcandles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:17:35 AM »
Hi there,
Sorry to sound rather odd, what is a TPL file?
As far as i know i have not touched any TPL File, how do i put that back?

When i do a test and add a product to the cart, and want to increase the qty or delete an item nothing happens, so the customer will struggle with this.

When i try and add a new product it does not add a new product, i have no idea how to fix this and my host Afrihost said that i need to contact you as this is a AbanteCart issue, which does not help me at all.

Can you advise how i can correct this?

Would appreciate it

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:48:40 AM »
Hello.
All originals for latest AbanteCart version located here https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/master/public_html

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »
i guess your issues cause is in nginx web-server which shows it's cache to you every time on request.
First of all try to disable all cache on admin side and check is page cache still present.
Also you can try switch from nginx to apache in your CPanel (ask your hosting provider techsupport team about this)
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline fabcandles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:49 AM »
@Basara - Thank you for helping and giving me this information - I am really stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, i can build the site fine but the behind the scenes stuff is hard, what is the TPL File and how do i replace the old one with the corrupt one and where do i find this file - is there a way that it can be done by yourself by any chance?  I am really struggling and do not know my finger from my hip here.

@abolabo - Thank you for the help, you have lost me here aswell, how do i disable the cache and where do i find that on the admin side and how do i do the check.  I have also contacted Afrihost and asked them to please change the info on last line, i pray this works been grafting on this for 2 months and want it live now but i cannot understand why i am struggling so much.

Thank you both for your kind assistance

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
@abolabo - Thank you for the help, you have lost me here aswell, how do i disable the cache and where do i find that on the admin side and how do i do the check.  I have also contacted Afrihost and asked them to please change the info on last line, i pray this works been grafting on this for 2 months and want it live now but i cannot understand why i am struggling so much.

If your use hosting CP, possibly this tutorial will help you with steps to disable nginx caching
https://kb.site5.com/apache/siteadmin-how-to-disable-nginx-caching/
If your hosting company use different CP, check with them.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline fabcandles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
THank you, im sorry to sound silly.
I will give this a try as my hosting company says that AbanteCart Cart is 3rd Party and they cannot help me.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 07:59:38 AM »
THank you, im sorry to sound silly.
I will give this a try as my hosting company says that AbanteCart Cart is 3rd Party and they cannot help me.
As we suggested before, try to use Apache as web server. Web hosting should help you with Apache or Nginx.
By they way both Nginx and Apache are third party as well. If your hosting is not helping with setting those up, time to think and switch the host.  ;D
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett