Author Topic: Admin URL Not Redirecting Properly  (Read 4437 times)

Offline empmdk

• View Profile
Admin URL Not Redirecting Properly
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:31:46 PM »
I set the admin url during installation and I've checked in the /system/config.php file to make sure it is correct and it is. ".htaccess.txt" has been renamed to ".htaccess". When trying to go to the admin URL, I get directed to the storefront instead of admin. I've noticed the only way to get the admin login to load, is if I add "?s=admin" to the end of the url.
If I leave the .htaccess with .txt extension, it will give me a not found error.

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Re: Admin URL Not Redirecting Properly
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
IF you removed .txt and your storefront is working fine then I don't thing there is a problem with htaccess
Just to make sure you are hitting /index.php?s=admin right? or just ?s=admin

Offline empmdk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
The storefront is fine either way. However, should the page not redirect itself by just putting /admin? From looking into the config.php file it says it will use ?s=name to access the admin. Are we meant to manually type that portion of the URL or no?

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:31:00 AM »
Hi, you will need to type the admin URL manually. AFAIK it will not automatically redirect the URL by putting /admin.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
The storefront is fine either way. However, should the page not redirect itself by just putting /admin? From looking into the config.php file it says it will use ?s=name to access the admin. Are we meant to manually type that portion of the URL or no?

This made for security reasons - in other Shopping Carts anyone can access your admin side and try to crack it.
In AbanteCart your admin is secure with unique admin so only you can access it.