Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Help Host cannot help me  (Read 3342 times)

Offline fabcandles

• View Profile
Help Host cannot help me
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
Hi,
I have finished with my design on AbanteCart Cart and i asked my host to load this as my official website and they have now officially stuffed it up and i am so unhappy. They tell me to fix something cause they cannot and i have no idea how or where to do this and i want to cry!!

My site is fabcandles-sa.com and if you see what they loaded you will see that they cannot load it like fabcandles-sa.com/abante7

I need someone to please help me.

Here is the message they sent me:
Hi,
Please note that we offer limited support in third party software related issues. The issue with the layout of the site needs to be checked with the help of your developer.

As we are not into coding, unfortunately we are unable to help you with correcting database references. We have ensured that there are no server side related issues. As already updated, URL setting in admin and .htaccess path needs to be updated so that the site can load fine in the correct layout.

Hence, we request you to get in touch with a developer to resolve the issue.

Thank you :)
Kind Regards
Galia M - Afrihost Support
Afrihost.com

Pure Internet Joy!

Offline old_guy

• View Profile
Re: Help Host cannot help me
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:57:14 AM »
While someone on the forum may be able to solve your display problem I have been following your posts and suggest that it is time to change your service provider.

As I don't think it is fair to discuss the merits of service providers on an open forum please pm me if you would like to talk further.  Just because you current host is (based on the name) in Africa does not mean you have to stay there. It is the internet after all

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Help Host cannot help me
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
I have seen a number of attempts on the forum to help fabcandles. issues are related to the hosting. Posting multiple times will not help with solution if problem is not clearly stated.

I am closing this post as duplicate
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help