Author Topic: Changing Header Image  (Read 8301 times)

Offline jrtahone

• View Profile
Changing Header Image
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:04:21 PM »
Hello,
         I am trying to change the header image (store logo) on my website. I am unable to this from System - >Settings-> Appearance in AbanteCart Cart. I change the image from the resource library but it does not change on the website. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Header Image
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
Hi.

If you use default template it should work in this way

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
Hi

I am trying to change the store logo and checked forum for such problems and did try to change according to instructions but does not change.

Even more i deleted from the media manager the previous logo but that even did not help, the old logo continues to load. Cleared abantecart cache and browser. nothing changed

Any help please

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
Hi

Tried everything and still cannot change store logo.

A strange thing is that when i look in the browser "VIEW SOURCE" thestore logo image is "resources/image/18/79/c.jpg" and the c.jpg in directory is the correct logo while actually the old logo uploads in the browser!!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 02:02:44 AM »
Hi

I am trying to change the store logo and checked forum for such problems and did try to change according to instructions but does not change.

Even more i deleted from the media manager the previous logo but that even did not help, the old logo continues to load. Cleared abantecart cache and browser. nothing changed

Any help please

Hi. Did you install dev tools beta version before for template cloning? If yes possibly it is related to templates settings mix-up with cloned template. Install latest version https://github.com/abantecart/developer_tools_extension remove all templates to leave only default. Clean the cache, make a full clone to extension and clear cache again. Then install your templates back. Hope this help 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:05:47 AM by Basara »

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
Hi
I deleted the developer tools, i don't need it >> Removed templates >> Cleared cache >> cleared browser cache >> the result is still the same no change

Did i miss anything??

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »
Hi

There is something strange after i installed abantecart version 1.2.10 i think that in this version there are some bugs, the SEO pack i have the latest version for the cart 1.2.10 installed which SEO version 1.1.0 while i keep getting messages that there is a newer version 1.0.6 that i should update.

i informed the extension developer previously and he says that this is an abantecart bug, same case was the monnika templategetting messages that there is a newer version while i have the latest version.

In abantecart version 1.2.9 everything was perfect and smooth.

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 03:59:47 AM »
hi
i am now receiving a lot of error messages like the below and images are not loading same as the previous problem i had previously.

App Error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.10 Resize image error. File: /home/XXXX/public_html/resources/image/18/91/8.jpg in /home/XXXX/public_html/core/engine/resources.php on line 353

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 06:23:55 PM »
This is retina resize. Are there any other error before that? Check the size of original image file. If file it too large, there could be limit in your PHP memory size.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline hani

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 05:33:26 AM »
Hi

There is a lot like these errors, some images on the website are not uploading / showing up.

I had this error previously and Basara and another developer solved for me see this thread http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,5565.msg24169.html#msg24169 and the fix was

https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/commit/beb2274e6dd981027d0d1b985013935d6a4e284f

after this error was fixed i tried to fix the header image error that is not changing by uploading the original abantecart files  /admin, /storefront and /core directories thinking that this may fix the error of the header / logo issue but instead it seems that i ruined the fix of the previous error.

Now i tried to fix according to this https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/commit/beb2274e6dd981027d0d1b985013935d6a4e284f and the result was that i could not login to the admin panel if i do the chainge

what shall i do please help