Author Topic: Full clone with developer tool  (Read 11215 times)

Offline josmun

• View Profile
Full clone with developer tool
« on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »
I just full cloned the default template with developer tool 1.3beta. No errors during cloning or in logs. New template is made and enabled with all specific template/file present, but  "default" template file is still used. is there something else i have to do in order to get the full new template working?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Full clone with developer tool
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:50:37 AM »
Hello.
Why do you think 'default' template is used? I see you enable new in Design > Templates

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:36:23 AM »
If i want to change something in the enabled new template, nothing changes so in the page tpl on top i wrote some text on both pages like, this is the default template and this is the newtemplate and i keep seeing this is the default template. I assume that with a full template the pages of that new template are used too instead of those from the default store? i also change things i the stylesheet of the new template and nothing. if i change them in the default css it changes
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:57:40 AM by josmun »

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:14:39 AM »
if have tried to change the logo in the admin section but nothing changes

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:56 AM »
The background on the settings page mean something is disabled. Please make sure your new template Extension is ON, your store is ON and new template assigned to store you use

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 04:28:27 AM »
It is not a extension therefore nothing to enable there,  but the new template is enabled as shown in picture above.
Permissions 777
And what do you mean with the background on the settings page is disabled? what more do i have to enable?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 04:35:42 AM »
How many stores you have?
And in your screenshot you edit Default template (left top corner)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:44:40 AM by Basara »

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 04:49:36 AM »
i have just 1 store. and what you see in the left top corner is the text i added in the page.tpl to see if the store is ussing my fully cloned new template  ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:00:13 AM by josmun »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 05:32:09 AM »
Hi.
When you clone what option do you select, clone to Extension or Core Template?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 05:43:54 AM »
Please run clone wizard again and select Clone template to Extension.  ;)

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 05:47:08 AM »
I selected core template because i want a full clone and not an extension.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 05:50:03 AM »
I selected core template because i want a full clone and not an extension.

I suggest you to choose Extension option. New template will be separated into full template extension

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 06:35:36 AM »
ok i did that. throw away earlier made template(s) and now i've got a full template as a extension indeed. but i still have the same problems. default template is used and modifing the stylesheet changes nothing. only if i make changes in the default stylesheet. permissions on the test template 777. i cleared caches in browser and in the admin section. What is it? what am i doing wrong?????

Offline josmun

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »
I got this errors in de log file

2017-02-20 11:00:50 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.9 chmod(): Operation not permitted in <b>/var/www/abantecart/extensions/developer_tools/admin/model/tool/developer_tools.php</b> on line <b>1609</b>

2017-02-21 6:54:58 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.9 Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/var/www/abantecart/core/lib/layout_manager.php</b> on line <b>1749</b>

and below the webpage I found these errors (debug error i think?)

Name    Info
9101::App Warning
   Warning! Variable "button_back" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reload" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_restore_defaults" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_save" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reset" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_back" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reload" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_restore_defaults" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_save" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reset" in template "" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_back" in template "pages/extension/extensions/edit.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reload" in template "pages/extension/extensions/edit.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_restore_defaults" in template "pages/extension/extensions/edit.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_save" in template "pages/extension/extensions/edit.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228
   Warning! Variable "button_reset" in template "pages/extension/extensions/edit.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /var/www/abantecart/core/engine/view.php on line 228

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 03:35:41 AM »
Hello.
Looks like permissions problem. Your server not allow script to write/remove some files. You can change them via FTP or cPanel file manager