Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Email issues with gmail smtp connection  (Read 5065 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Email issues with gmail smtp connection
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
I have an on and off scenario with sending customer/order email using my upgraded AbanteCart 1.2.13 so did an experiment.

I installed a fresh NEW installation using dummy data, and setup the generic SSL connection using the AbanteCart manual as a guide. I am told by my ISP that port 465 is open.

I setup a NEW gmail account and allowed non secured apps to use its SMTP service -

IMAP Access:

(if there are other settings, having changed the settings to ALLOW non-secure apps, let me know.

...and sent test emails. Result, failure -

2018-10-03 18:30:12 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.13 fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) in <b>/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpublic_html/core/lib/mail.php</b> on line <b>295</b>

I changed to the SendMail client option in AbanteCart. This time the mail was shown as sent, but NOT received by me.

When I did a password reset to test the internal system, I did receive that email with a link, so the system does work -

Web Store Name - Password Reset Request

Ideas?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Email issues with gmail smtp connection
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »
The error looks pretty clear connection can be opened at least at the time you sent email.
Try to google it
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38203839/fsockopen-unable-to-connect-to-ssl-smtp-gmail-com465