Author Topic: Multiple options for weight based shipping.  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Siri M.

• View Profile
Multiple options for weight based shipping.
« on: March 03, 2017, 05:32:54 AM »
Hello. I am wondering if there is a way to make more options for weight based shipping? With Thailand Post I use EMS, Second Class Air, and SAL shipping. All of these are weight based and are very different in pricing, but all priced by zone and weight.

I would be nice at checkout to allow the customer to choose regular Air, EMS or SAL shipping and also showing the different prices of each shipping.

Basically it is like I want to clone Weight Based shipping three times and change the pricing and Title. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Siri

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple options for weight based shipping.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »
Hello.

I think you can copy default extension and rename it with renaming all variables inside code. So will be clone of Weight based extension and different delivery options

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:34:12 PM »
UPS and Fedex offer this options and also calculate based on weight and dimensions.
If you need to run this logic yourself in weight based shipping, you will need to add this code into extension.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Siri M.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 01:17:03 AM »
Hello.

I think you can copy default extension and rename it with renaming all variables inside code. So will be clone of Weight based extension and different delivery options

This looks a bit complicated. Can you clarify what you mean about "renaming all variables inside code"? What exactly would have I to rename to have a separate functioning weight based extension?

Thank you