Author Topic: Free Shipping - apply to only one shipping option?  (Read 6956 times)

Offline doctolly

• View Profile
Free Shipping - apply to only one shipping option?
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
Hello, Firstly great opensource product. I'm a long way into setting up my store.

Background
UK store with products shipping only to UK customers using a standard shipping option with ability to use Royal Mail for 1st Class post or Parcelforce 48.
Default flat rate, RoyalMail and Parcelforce shipping modules are enabled.

Situation:
I want to offer free standard shipping to almost all of my products. My Shipping flat rate is currently set to 0.00
I want the green "Free Shipping" banner to show on the product page for these listings.

Problem
When I apply "Free Shipping" tag, it makes ALL shipping options free, including parcel force etc. I want these options available, but at a cost.
I solved this by setting my flat rate to 0.00 but this means the green "Free Shipping" banner does not show on my listings.

I can also apply a "Fixed Shipping Rate" which will apply to all my other shipping options - allowing my customer to choose free standard delivery or fixed price parcelforce 48 - however when i do this the green "free shipping" banner disappears.

Resolution
I want selecting the free shipping option on the product settings to only apply to my standard shipping option. ParcelForce 48 etc to still cost usual.
OR - If i use the work around of setting default flat rate , I want it to display the green "Free Shipping" banner on the product page.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Free Shipping - apply to only one shipping option?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:47:09 AM »
Hello.

Try Admin > Extensions > Shipping > Free shipping http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/ship_and_pay/shippings/free.html