Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Extension to link Excel directly to Abantecart  (Read 5013 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Extension to link Excel directly to Abantecart
« on: March 24, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
Is there an extension where you can dynamically link (or just easily post to the MySQL database) that allows instant price or other changes to the key fields - price, description, title and so on?

I've found that exporting to Excel, editing and then posting back is not easy to use. If no extension, are there any YouTube videos that clearly explain how to export and import effectively.

Also, is it possible to export in one version, 1.2.x and import to the current, 1.2.9?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extension to link Excel directly to Abantecart
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:48 PM »
Is there an extension where you can dynamically link (or just easily post to the MySQL database) that allows instant price or other changes to the key fields - price, description, title and so on?

I've found that exporting to Excel, editing and then posting back is not easy to use. If no extension, are there any YouTube videos that clearly explain how to export and import effectively.

I did not come across of this extension. We can create one if you are interested to sponsor the development.

Also, is it possible to export in one version, 1.2.x and import to the current, 1.2.9?

Generally, You can not bring complete database from earlier version to new one. There is a script in every release that updates the database. It is possible to apply this script on the database. You need some light tech skills for this.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Re: Extension to link Excel directly to Abantecart
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:15 AM »
Thanks. In the interim, I found it easier just to recreate the web site from new and manually enter all of the products and so on. The update process doesn't work well, and the export/import system could do with a major rework as, in my opinion, the sketchy instructions need "... and then a miracle occurs" for the changes to work properly.

I may be wrong but if the user has to struggle for weeks to upgrade and try to understand the current export/import then something needs work.