Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Alert Email not working  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
Alert Email not working
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:34 PM »
Hi All,

When a customer places an order on my website they do not automatically receive a confirmation email.  Also I have the alert mail function turned on but I do not receive an email about the order either.  If I go into the customer order and notify the customer in the status and comments section the customer receives that email OK. 

In the mail settings I have the mail protocol set to : mail.  I have  mail parameters set with my email address in it.  I have also tried it with no email address in the parameters box and this made no difference.

Can anyone please help ??

Thanks Karl

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Alert Email not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:14:47 PM »
What email method do you use? If you use PHP mail (default), confirm that you mail client on the server is working.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:28:32 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the default mail setting.  Would I be correct in thinking that the client on the server is working correctly as I am able to send emails by going into the customer order and changing the status of the order? When I notify the customer this then sends them an email.

Thanks Karl

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:48 AM »
Hello.

Usually if server fail to send mail it write an error to AbanteCart or server error logs. Please check them for mail related errors or warnings

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:44:51 PM »
Thanks for that, I will check error logs and report back

Offline Align

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »
I also have a problem with Alert Email.
When a customer places an order, an email is sent to the customer, but I do not receive an email to tell me that an order has been placed.
The mail protocol that i use is "mail". When i check the error logs I get the following :

2017-06-20 14:49:30 - App Warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.9 ADispatch: construct FAILED. Missing or incorrect controller route path. Possibly, layout block is enabled for disabled or missing extension! Execution stack: - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/dispatcher.php(76): genExecTrace('full')
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/dispatcher.php(289): ADispatcher->__construct('', Array)
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/dispatcher.php(290): ADispatcher->dispatch(Object(ControllerCommonPage))
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/page.php(98): ADispatcher->dispatch()
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/router.php(155): APage->build('product/categor...')
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/router.php(75): ARouter->_route()
   - /home/alignjpa/public_html/index.php(93): ARouter->processRoute('product/categor...') in /home/alignjpa/public_html/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 77

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong ?

Offline rgere6195

• View Profile
    • number to call yahoo support
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:30 AM »
Are you using your business mail or any famous email brand like Yahoo, MSN, Gmail etc.