Author Topic: Problems with included template  (Read 5866 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Problems with included template
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »
I have noticed that 1.2.10's template doesn't actually change when you move sections around, or add/delete them! Earlier versions using the same template didn't have this problem.

How can you force a change to factory default to start making the changes again, or backup and overwrite with another version?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with included template
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:41 AM »
Hello.
You question is not clear, what is 'sections'? If you refer to Design > Layouts make sure you change layout for the template you have set as default store's theme

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »
I have a single theme. When I remove the newsletter signup block, save and flush the cache, nothing happens. When I add another featured block, nothing happens. When I make any changes to the single template, nothing happens.

That's the problem.

Is there a group of files, that can be manually uploaded to replace the single theme as it seems to be corrupted. If so, how is it installed, as I can download the 1.2.10 and upload as needed?

Thank you for ideas.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:02:54 AM »
Hi.
Please enable System Check in admin it will report you if cache not writable maybe this is a reason.
For your reference original files are available for download https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
System check is already enabled for admin and storefront. The errors.txt file shows what the problem is, for some reason the system has lost track of the linkages, so not amount of web template changes does anything.

2017-04-24 7:01:42 - App Error:  AbanteCart core v.1.2.10 Error: Unable to identify file path to template blocks/donate.tpl! Check blocks in the layout or enable debug mode to get more details. 10002

How is this fixed?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 12:56:43 AM »
Hello.

Try to replace original template files https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/master/public_html/storefront
Please backup before any modifications

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:08 AM »
I think that the template files are in abantecart-src/public_html/storefront/view/default/template/ or the entire section under ...storefont?

Are they the only files to be copied to the working site? If so, I don't see a download link and right click doesn't copy the file tree. I do not see a way to download folders.

Is it a special GitHub method?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
Download full package, unarchive it and go to the path with template
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/archive/master.zip