Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Files failing to upload to "resource library" today but not yesterday  (Read 6080 times)

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
Yesterday, I uploaded a .rar file to the downloads section of my resource library and subsequently pushed it out to all customers who had purchased this a while back.  It was successful yesterday.  Today, I've made some revisions to the file in question, and so was trying to  upload the newer version of the file and was getting an error "2017-05-09 21:41:18 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.7 Illegal string offset 'start' in <b>/home/smggun5/public_html/storefront/model/catalog/manufacturer.php</b> on line <b>63</b>"   I re-zipped and renamed the file, same error.  then I tried to upload a photo to the resource library and it went in no problem, same with a PDF file.  So I once again tried the archive .rar file and now am getting this error: "2017-05-09 21:31:44 - error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.7 Out of memory (allocated 813170688) (tried to allocate 63360 bytes) in <b>/home/smggun5/public_html/core/lib/image.php</b> on line <b>108</b>"

Ideas anyone?   

As for my level of expertise, most middle-schoolers are more proficient with website building than me...

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:04:01 AM by abolabo »
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what am I suppose to do with the code you sent me?  I've not ever modified code of the pages before because I don't understand what I'm looking at.

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
Ok, so I got someone to help me change the files, but it made no difference.  Any other ideas?  thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
The warning/erros from log is looks old and not related. Please clear AbanteCart cache, then try to uplaod your file.
If fail check AbanteCart error log and important server error log.

Will be great if you provide file example and steps where you add it: to global downloads or to some products etc.

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
It doesn't matter which product I add to, or what file type.  Jpeg, RAR, ZIP all fail to upload and I get this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 813170688) (tried to allocate 63360 bytes) in /home/smggun5/public_html/core/lib/image.php on line 108

I also get this error just by going to the resource library by clicking on the button for it at the top of my backend.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
Similar issue already reported in AbanteCart bug tracker https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/874
We will update this post after fixing or subscribe to github to receive instant update notification

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
I'll watch for the fix, thanks.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
There is no fix in AbanteCart for this issue. Issue here is with bugs in GD library used by PHP to resize images.

As this problem related to server configuration, there is no fix.
Issue observed on older PHP 5.3.x and older DG library.

You can try to upgrade to newer PHP and GD and increase PHP operating memory.
As another suggestion, try to stay away from using very large main images for products.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline smggunsstore

• View Profile
Ok, on the PHP version, I was running 5.4 and so I switched it to 7.0 just to try, to no avail. So I increased the memory limit again, and even at 4096M, it's not working.  Other Ideas? 

Side note: if you read my original post, this problem started with me trying to upload an .rar file to the "archive" section, so i don't see how this relates to the images issue you spoke of.   Any other Ideas?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Files failing to upload to "resource library" today but not yesterday
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 01:28:08 AM »
Hello, smggunsstore.

We refer to image and memory problem because of error you post
error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.7 Out of memory (allocated 813170688) (tried to allocate 63360 bytes) in <b>/home/smggun5/public_html/core/lib/image.php</b> on line <b>108</b>"

About this warning it is just a not important notice not related to downloads or rar files.
warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.7 Illegal string offset 'start' in <b>/home/smggun5/public_html/storefront/model/catalog/manufacturer.php</b> on line <b>63</b>"