Author Topic: Localization and other issues  (Read 3423 times)

Offline castigous

• View Profile
Localization and other issues
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:55:35 PM »
Hi!

As a novice in AbanteCart I´m implementing an online store located in our current region of Colombia in Latin-America.

Although many thing are going good, I have had a series of setbacks which are impeding the successful implementation of the store.

For this reason I have some questions for anyone that can gracefully answer:

-1- How to correct or complete the partial translations on the frontend of the site? I mean some pages/parts of pages in the frontend still display English instead of the Spanish language I chose as default. Is there a way to show the whole site in Spanish mandatorily and no option of changing to/from English?

-2- How to create different permissions for Sales Managers especially? I mean there is a page in the documentation at URL: docs.abantecart.com/pages/users/user_permissions.html that gives the example of a "Data Entry" operator. Is there a similar list for a "Sales/Order" operator or manager?

-3- Localisation. I have already activated the correct settings (Country, Zones, currency) for my country and deactivated the ones that are for USA or anywhere else in the world. Spite of that, on the checkout page the customer still has to choose some things that I assumed were already chosen for him being that they are deactivated on the backend of AbanteCart:

- He/she has to choose Country / State

- He/she has to choose a ZIP or postal code –which we don´t generally manage in Colombia and there is almost nobody here who knows their own ZIP.

-4- I created a tax rule that should apply for every product in the catalogue. I have too many products with a tax class value of Taxable Goods. Is there a way to assign all this products my new Tax class instead of Taxable Goods all at the same time and not just one by one?

-5- As a test I assigned this tax class rule (which is a percentage) to one item and tried (as a customer) to buy this item but the tax is not shown or calculated at any point in the Cart. The total it gives the cart gives me is the same price of the product.

-6- Right now I only have Cash on Delivery as a payment option, but I keep getting a message Error: Payment method required!. Why it cannot accept this way of "payment"?

Hopefully someone can help clear this questions/issues. As a novice of AbanteCart, I like it a lot and see a bright future for it although right is presenting me some challenges.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Localization and other issues
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:29:51 AM »
Hello.

Please separate your questions to one question per post. ;)

-1- How to correct or complete the partial translations on the frontend of the site? I mean some pages/parts of pages in the frontend still display English instead of the Spanish language I chose as default. Is there a way to show the whole site in Spanish mandatorily and no option of changing to/from English?

If you need to correct just a few text in spanish go to Admin > System > Localization > Language definitions.
In case you have a lot not translated definition better is to change this directly in the xml file you have in extensions/default_spanish/
There is also way to connect Google translate API but it is paid solution
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/language_definitions.html
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/auto_translate.html

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »
Thank you. Will do other posts with the other questions.

About the localization, now I understand what it is for :) But how do I know where are this blocks getting used? --some are obvious when/if they have a text, but there is a lot of blocks that have no text and maybe the one who has no text at all is the one I need is blank right now.

Also about the translation right now I have got source as "English" and there is only 1 possible method "Copy Source Language Text". Is this correct for what I want? (text displayed ONLY in spanish) or should I choose "Spanish" as source? Also how can I use The Google Method if it's not listed as a possible translation method?

Thanks!!

BTW maybe the 3rd question of my original post should be kept here as it is related with localization or should I open a different post as the others? if so, can you answer it?

3- Localisation. I have already activated the correct settings (Country, Zones, currency) for my country and deactivated the ones that are for USA or anywhere else in the world. Spite of that, on the checkout page the customer still has to choose some things that I assumed were already chosen for him being that they are deactivated on the backend of AbanteCart:

- He/she has to choose Country / State

- He/she has to choose a ZIP or postal code –which we don´t generally manage in Colombia and there is almost nobody here who knows their own ZIP.

Thanks again!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
Hello.
Once you enable Spanish usually you should run Load missing language data. This tool fill/copy all missed translation for example if some of the dynamic data not translated like Product description, Tax class name or description and more. You can do this manually up to you.
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/languages/edit_language.html

If you have purchased and installed Google Translate API extension with active Google API key (it is paid) you able not copy but auto translate with google api.

If you want to translate or correct manually in Language Definitions just do this for what you see is wrong translated, you dont need to check everything
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:29:40 AM by Basara »

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Thank you!

I did the "Load missing language data" process and I think it worked but I´ll keep testing it.