Author Topic: multistore  (Read 3328 times)

Offline logan

• View Profile
multistore
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:07 AM »
hello

anyone can help in the multistore creation? once i created a new one, it says if i want to copy from the default store the informations, i said yes. but it did not copied the categories and the manufacturers... i have a lot of categories and 7 languages!!  if i must to add again all of them i will be in troubles! at least is it possible to clone them as we do in products?

thank you in advance

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: multistore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »
Hello.
The wizard ask you to copy store settings only not prodcuts, categories.
If you want to sale same on different stores you should assign category,product to new store. For bulk editing assign one category to stores you need then export categories to CSV file and copy store id to all categories.
It is easy with Excel like software just backup database before import.
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/export.html

Offline logan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
thank you basar for your answer, the problem is that when i backup i loose all the russian languages that are lost in csv...
it becomes hard to rewrite everything..

another problem i descovered is that i am not able to make a subdomain, i main i am ebale to do subdomain.mydomain.xx with "redirect" but my provider doesn't make a dns on the same server. that what they said. I should have redirect to another store like i must to recopy all the datas in another folder.
if not i must to buy a private server.
why is so difficult? in prestashop i saw is just automatically no need to create any subdomains or other complications...

thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:36:33 AM »
thank you basar for your answer, the problem is that when i backup i loose all the russian languages that are lost in csv...
it becomes hard to rewrite everything..

another problem i descovered is that i am not able to make a subdomain, i main i am ebale to do subdomain.mydomain.xx with "redirect" but my provider doesn't make a dns on the same server. that what they said. I should have redirect to another store like i must to recopy all the datas in another folder.
if not i must to buy a private server.
why is so difficult? in prestashop i saw is just automatically no need to create any subdomains or other complications...

thank you

Hello. If you hosting provider do not allow you to change so basic things it is time to think about provider change. You dont need "private server" to have a subdomains.
The 'prestashop' approach with subfolders a bit confusing if you want to have seo optimized store.
Say you create second store 'prestashop like'  store.com/man
But if you have a category in your first store with name 'man' or men your customers will be very confused why store.com/man and store.com/men have different look, payment options, delivery methods or any

This is just my opinion but confusing customers and search engines is not a best price for a bit faster multistore setup